Slow rolling, final table, headups.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing ARC $6 million, you are on the final table playing heads up. You have 1/5 stack remaining chips, opponent have 4/5 remaining chips.

Current have you have nuts A high flush, opponent goes all in.

Would you slow roll your opponent? If you could put your opponent off his game you will have advantage. Yes, slow rolling is poor etiquette, but when you have this kind of money would you slow roll here?

I most likely slow roll and go down in infamy for 1-2 days before I get forgotten in obscurity.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I consider slowrolling in online poker, I am always scared, that the poker gods will punish me by:

a) putting a bad beat on me, if its before the river
b) letting me lose my internet connection and time out

So I would probably not do this, if really serious money was at stakes, but I have occationally done it in micro stakes games. I believe the last was a tournament hand, where stacks were shallow, I flopped trips with A5 on T55 rainbow after defending my blind against a mini-raise, I checked to my opponent, and he overbet jammed with his random garbage :D

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely people will think you just have connection problems

Exactly. So if you really want to hammer it home and be an asshole, you need to combine slow action with chat. Like: "Really? Are you serious? Man this is sick." And then after using most of your time bank: "ok I call".

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Chatting can help during a slow play, but if silence reigns during this I usually think the guy has connection issues lol