Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I hate:mad: players that take too long for a simple check, EVERY single play they take almost 30 seconds to act! :sleep:, on cardchat freeroll club today there was one, my god, looks like it's on purpose, boring guys
don't be that kind of player please

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
slow play

One site I practice on informs members that repeated slow play can get you suspended.

The joke being one of the high ranked members (every player has a rank) runs the clock down fully every time he is in a hand (pre-flop, flop, turn and river).

I am sure numerous complaints have been made to the moderators (who are great) but this belligerent player seems to get a pass- his rank seems to render him 'untouchable'.

I cringe every time we sit at the same table.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is the poker rules... if a player can wait to take a check dont have problem wait this time

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst of all is waiting for the last time and fold

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clocks there for a reason

This bothers me a lot of the time to, but the clock is there for a reason. If the players decide to run it out every hand, so be it. If this kind of stuff tilts you, your going to have a hard time in poker. Every decision takes time, some more than others, and maybe there multi tabling so they can't react as fast. I find it very annoying at times but I don't let it get to me and ruin my game because of it. If you think online is bad give live poker a try, its way worse most times. Poker is a game of patience and you should always have some even if there is a player doing this often, as long as he is not intentionally doing it, who cares build your game around the player as best you can or just don't let it get at you.

E

Elisondjp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but it can be a bad connection. the player can't be blamed

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate:mad: players that take too long for a simple check, EVERY single play they take almost 30 seconds to act! :sleep:, on cardchat freeroll club today there was one, my god, looks like it's on purpose, boring guys
don't be that kind of player please
The solution is to multi-table. The slower the play, the more tables you can play.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can't wait 30 seconds or even a minute for a player to act.....
then #1 you shouldn't be playing online poker
and #2 you would not like playing with Chris Ferguson or Tom Dwan
online Chris uses his whole clock every time
and live, Tom Dwan will tank for five or six minutes with easy folds
relax, learn some patience, it will make you a better player

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand stallers either. A disconnect is one thing; but those are detected and handled separately from the turn clock. I'm glad to see ACR has a max time of 60 seconds and it doesn't reset too often for a player. Global Poker has a similar max time, so people can't just lag through a tournament. I think repeated stalling should result in some kind of penalty personally. I couldn't stand that mess in a live game... several minutes or more before a clock gets called. Anyway, just my opinion. Good luck to you! :)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only take a long time when you have a difficult decision and act fast when you have an easy one it would leak information.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must not play live poker ever :)

That aside 30 secs is reasonable time to act. Why should a player that needs the time play any faster?

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care, everyone has a dedicated minute and let her do what they want, because everyone has this minute! Everything is equal! Let him sit here for a minute, and I'll take his money.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit I do it sometimes close to the money when Im on the bubble and not getting any cards to try and get in. And there are times when disconnects, distractions, etc happen... I also dont mind when others lag, when it comes down to it its your time, play your own game :)

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You must not play live poker ever :)

That aside 30 secs is reasonable time to act. Why should a player that needs the time play any faster?

who are you to say whether or not I should play live? reasonable in every Simple fold or call?
wake up man

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you can't wait 30 seconds or even a minute for a player to act.....
then #1 you shouldn't be playing online poker
and #2 you would not like playing with Chris Ferguson or Tom Dwan
online Chris uses his whole clock every time
and live, Tom Dwan will tank for five or six minutes with easy folds
relax, learn some patience, it will make you a better player

I've been playing online for years, stop talking about what you don't know
Fergson or Dwan hahahahah, live poker is other thing

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I admit I do it sometimes close to the money when Im on the bubble and not getting any cards to try and get in. And there are times when disconnects, distractions, etc happen... I also dont mind when others lag, when it comes down to it its your time, play your own game :)

in the bubble is other thing, play my own game? see you in the tables.....

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online for years, stop talking about what you don't know

Fergson or Dwan hahahahah, live poker is other thing
you ever play with ferguson? I have
what you don't know obviously
if you cant wait one minute you shouldn't be playing at all anywhere
but whatever winner, go get em

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you ever play with ferguson? I have
what you don't know obviously
if you cant wait one minute you shouldn't be playing at all anywhere
but whatever winner, go get em

PROVE that you played, i can say i play against all poker players who ever play this game. man you will insist is this think " is a only 1 minute", you never got angry in life?

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no need to prove anything to some impatient fool online
have a profitable day at the tables, winner, whiner ,whatever

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also sometimes get irritated about a slow pace of play, but as someone said, the clock is there for a reason, and there are at least two situations, where playing slow is kind of a legitimate strategy.

For first is in multi table tournaments, when the bubble or an important pay-jump approach. Small and middling stacks on a slow table has a better chance to survive, so it makes sense for them to slow down action. This is why, hand-for-hand play exist, but there are also clear advantages in slowing play down before the actual bubble or payjump. Sure I understand, this can be annoying, if you just play for fun. But its not against the rules, so you kind of have to accept it.

The other situation is to not give away timing tells. If you check very fast, your opponents know, you were not even considering a bet, and this does tell them something about your hand. And the same if you call very fast. Then they know, you were not even considering either folding or raising. So before checking or calling, you should typically do at least a little bit of "Hollywooding" to pretend, you have a decision. Maybe not 30 seconds, but you should not insta click either, unless you are folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One site I practice on informs members that repeated slow play can get you suspended.

Which site is that? I have to say, I personally dont like these kind of TOS, where its up to the discretion of site staff to determine, if you "abused" something, and maybe even confiscate your funds, if they think, you did.

If they get numerous complaints about slow play, then why not just reduce the amount of time, a player has to act, and then maybe compensate by more generous time bank allocation?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stupid remark.
My right to use my time to decide how I want it

Poker is a game in which decisions must be made carefully and the speed of decisions is not always useful for the outcome[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
stupid remark.
My right to use my time to decide how I want it

Poker is a game in which decisions must be made carefully and the speed of decisions is not always useful for the outcome[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

:flute: you is another one who likes to delay the game, don't worry russian guy....