sleepy MTT

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This question is for those who play MTT tournaments. Recently playing MTT, I get sleepy. :boring: What advice do you have to be in good shape while playing. After all, my good tournaments begin after 21:00

Last edited:
M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could see if a nap during the day works for you. Also I wouldn't eat a lot of food before your tournaments start, and stay away from high sugar products as they are known to cause dips in your energy levels.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online tournaments run 24 hours a day, so my advice is to play some, which start earlier in your time zone. These might then have smaller fields, but this makes it easier to reach the final table, so as far as I am concerned, its a win-win. I have more or less realised, that even if I get the bankroll and the skills, I am probably never going to be playing a tournament like the Sunday Million on a regular basis, because I am simply to old and tired to be playing half way through the night :)

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question is for those who play MTT tournaments. Recently playing MTT, I get sleepy. :boring: What advice do you have to be in good shape while playing. After all, my good tournaments begin after 21:00

there are not many Vavrians))) or not to sleep, or not to play ...

J

jerargent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must start the tournaments as refreshed as possible.
Try taking a shower, having a coffee before playing. And stay well hydrated while playing it.
You can also play Turbo Tournaments, which are much more dynamic and faster.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online tournaments run 24 hours a day, so my advice is to play some, which start earlier in your time zone. These might then have smaller fields, but this makes it easier to reach the final table, so as far as I am concerned, its a win-win. I have more or less realised, that even if I get the bankroll and the skills, I am probably never going to be playing a tournament like the Sunday Million on a regular basis, because I am simply to old and tired to be playing half way through the night :)
tournaments that start earlier for me have a small prize pool. When a person is old, it’s hard for him to play long MTT tournaments. But still, I would recommend you the Sunday storm tournament, it is long, but there is a large prize pool, and you can get into the prizes after 3 hours of play!

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must start the tournaments as refreshed as possible.
Try taking a shower, having a coffee before playing. And stay well hydrated while playing it.
You can also play Turbo Tournaments, which are much more dynamic and faster.
turbo tournaments are too dynamic and gambling for me, in which a lot depends on luck, not skill. So I try not to play them

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch videos of poker,and some music is nice,,, :rock:

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play night tournaments, so as not to fall asleep, I do exercises during a break, wash my face with cold water.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are sleepy or rather relax that day.
If you play at all costs, shake yourself a little. Green or Mate tea can also come in handy at this point (possibly coffee).
The important thing is to have the focus while playing.

Good luck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that preparing for the tournament is a very important process, no less than the game itself. Preparing for the tournament directly affects the result. I usually try to rest well and get some sleep. Given that I have a free schedule, I have never had a problem with this.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

of course, the best advice would be to adjust your daily routine to play MTT. that is, if you get up early and start playing quite late, then of course you will want to sleep. You need to sit down to play at a time when you are cheerful and full of energy, it does not matter whether it is day or night. also sports and fresh air have not been canceled)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During long tournaments, washing my face with cool water and mini physical education for eyes, neck, fingers and hands helps me during breaks.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I have the same problem, but I have to get up early in the morning and I don't get enough sleep. I can only play in the evening. What can I try to do in this case? To cheer up, you can sleep before the tournament, take a contrast shower, drink coffee,eat bitter chocolate, take a walk in the fresh air, do exercises, turn on invigorating music, you can also try aromatherapy, there are aromas that are invigorating. Good luck!

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I have the same problem, but I have to get up early in the morning and I don't get enough sleep. I can only play in the evening. What can I try to do in this case? To cheer up, you can sleep before the tournament, take a contrast shower, drink coffee,eat bitter chocolate, take a walk in the fresh air, do exercises, turn on invigorating music, you can also try aromatherapy, there are aromas that are invigorating. Good luck!
aromatherapy, it sounds pretty good. I heard that there is an invigorating scent, you will need to try

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you feel sleepy or tired, don't even start playing, because then it's going to end worse. But if you want to play anyway, I suggest you do something else, keep busy, and go out for air.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I simply advise you to rest and try to sleep an hour or two before the start of your session. you can also take vitamin C or coffee when you are really tired.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest until your playing time...

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not a problem to find good tournaments every week if you don't play very much. If you are completely free and poker is your main activity, I think you need to change your daily routine. Perhaps you should go to bed earlier and Wake up before the start of the main tournaments. It is possible to consider the option when you go to bed early in the morning, but I do not like this option, because by the end of the tournament you will be tired and also want to sleep.. The best option is to get some sleep before the tournament starts. Of course, you can use coffee, energy drinks, but this is bad for your health.. I don't think this should be done.. If you play at night, it is better to play on a hard chair, in front of the monitor and be sure to turn on a good light. Do not play lying down, with a smartphone, tablet or in a chair, on the couch where the eyes will close themselves :). I would advise you to do sports during the game, squats, push-UPS, anything that will help raise your heart rate.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to get your stamina up. Having a good workout a few times a week would help you to get healthy and you will be more energetic and alert while doing your everyday activities such as poker.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
multi-table FTW

I believe that preparing for the tournament is a very important process, no less than the game itself. Preparing for the tournament directly affects the result. I usually try to rest well and get some sleep. Given that I have a free schedule, I have never had a problem with this.
Interesting - I usually try to diffuse from day-job work by resting a bit and taking my mind totally off of 'work' stuff. This includes poker thoughts. I spend time with family and the dogs/cats before starting a game. Once my games start - I often will load up a smaller buyin event to keep the action going - so I do not get sleepy/bored, when the cards/opportunities aren't appearing in my bigger games.

During long tournaments, washing my face with cool water and mini physical education for eyes, neck, fingers and hands helps me during breaks.
Cool idea - I'm gonna try this one. :)

You have to get your stamina up. Having a good workout a few times a week would help you to get healthy and you will be more energetic and alert while doing your everyday activities such as poker.
Concur.

For myself - I also only play in evenings after work. I do not have unlimited time to play except on weekends when family schedule is light.
I will often load up several tourneys - even if the buyin/payout is smaller than I normally play. This keeps me focused and alert. I will often be playing 4-6 tables at a time (tourneys) and this requires nearly 100% attention. I find - even if I am tired - I do not realize I am, until I have either busted out of events or events have concluded - and I only have one remaining tourney.

Oddly - the three largest scores of my short poker career - have all been late night /early morning events where I'm dog tired. :) But the exhilaration of being close to winning is enough to power through the sleepiness.

GL bud.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You must rest a little. If you play and after a while you fall asleep it is due to fatigue. Try turbo tournaments and let us know how it goes. Luck.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat, sleep and hydrate, if it doesn’t work find earlier MTTs