Sit'n'Go bankroll

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

So after some time in DoN games I started in 5$ 9 players sit'n'gos. I am currently winning fast but I am not interested to go up the stakes at least yet. I am playing to get some extra money and 5$ are just fine for now.
My question is:
The most important thing for me is not to need to deposit money. So with that in mind, how many buy ins should I always have in my account. I am currenlty at 35 but I really want to be on the safe side.
To be clear how many buy ins do you recommend leaving in my account after a withdrawal

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
nothing to do with your age
What SNG limit do you play? what is your bankroll now?[emoji3][emoji112]

T

tsiab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
nothing to do with your age
What SNG limit do you play? what is your bankroll now?[emoji3][emoji112]

as I said, I am playing 5$ sitngos with 9 players. Usually I have 4 open tables.
My bankroll right now is just below 200$.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bankroll requirement for tournaments is determined by your winrate (ROI), field size and payout structure. An often heard recommendation is 100 buyins, but that is really mostly tailored to small field MTTs. If you play very large MTTs, you actually need way more than that.

This is because, it will be very long between you winning, but when you finally do, its for a huge sum of money. So its a bit like trying to have a bankroll for a lottery. Even if you play the lottery every week for your entire life, you might still never see that million dollar first price, which you pay to.

STTs are just the opposite, since with a 9-man you are winning 1 in 9 and cashing 1 in 3, if you are just an average player. This mean, that even in a “bad” sample of 100 tournaments, there are going to be some wins, which is absolutely not the case with large MTTs.

The other thing to consider is, does the bankroll only need to protect you from having to redeposit, or does it also need to protect you from having to move down? If the latter is the case, then you need a more conservative approach.

I think, 35-40 buyins is fine, but unless you are absolutely crushing the game, it need to be combined with a willingness to move down, if you hit a bad streak. In that case 200$ could be seen as 10BI for 5$ SnGs and then another 50BI for 3$ SnGs. Which should be enough, if you are a winning player.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bankroll requirement for tournaments is determined by your winrate (ROI), field size and payout structure. An often heard recommendation is 100 buyins, but that is really mostly tailored to small field MTTs. If you play very large MTTs, you actually need way more than that.

This is because, it will be very long between you winning, but when you finally do, its for a huge sum of money. So its a bit like trying to have a bankroll for a lottery. Even if you play the lottery every week for your entire life, you might still never see that million dollar first price, which you pay to.

STTs are just the opposite, since with a 9-man you are winning 1 in 9 and cashing 1 in 3, if you are just an average player. This mean, that even in a “bad” sample of 100 tournaments, there are going to be some wins, which is absolutely not the case with large MTTs.

The other thing to consider is, does the bankroll only need to protect you from having to redeposit, or does it also need to protect you from having to move down? If the latter is the case, then you need a more conservative approach.

I think, 35-40 buyins is fine, but unless you are absolutely crushing the game, it need to be combined with a willingness to move down, if you hit a bad streak. In that case 200$ could be seen as 10BI for 5$ SnGs and then another 50BI for 3$ SnGs. Which should be enough, if you are a winning player.
I also took this advice into service[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Really good advice for everyone

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management