Sites change! Make the adjustments!

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a recreational player who supplements my income playing poker I've run into some milestones to say the least. My biggest change has been from a 75% brick player cash/mtt to a online 75% confused by the differences in online structures.

With the advantageous move to no freeze-out MTT's and the push to widen late registration up to the final table without having a blinded off stack. (if you don't know what that means you don't play brick) I find myself looking for the edge of solid aggressive poker in online rooms.

Two things I have found that seem to improve my own success and offer less of a gambling chance for the gambling chance player are the 1R+1A mtt's. they offer a 1 hour late reg time so the bubble play is a ton cleaner. The other advantage to these are the fact that the pay scale is much less watered down so you don't play for 4 hours in a $11 buy-in to win $14 finishing 9th after getting my aces cracked by K-10 shoving my 3b. The other being the old school format of SNG blinds now showing up on more sites. The antes are still there which I completely disagree with in a single table SNG. (lop sides ICM decisions)

Ultimately, I want the freeze-out back and I want the late registration to blind off stacks when entering late! Their late! Don't be late! Does anybody else feel this way or have any suggestions to steer clear of the sites trying to instill more gamble and less strategy into our lives? The number switch-a-roo's are there and I'm not sure how they think we are going to deposit more when we see less and less reward for doing so.