Are sit n go's good for increasing your bankroll?

G

GomiumPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If one has started with a $100 bankroll in pokerstars, is it reasonable to expect to grow that bankroll to something like $300, $500 or even more playing SNGs? Are these games profitable nowadays? Wanna hear your opinions.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you're right. Now SNG is a great opportunity to play fast tournaments, or the opportunity to get into big big MTT tournaments via satellites and that's great!

You're talking about increasing your bankroll through SNG, if you don't really like playing big long tournaments, I think these games will suit you very well. Mini MT up to 300 players with buy-in from 3.5$ to 7$ there is a great selection of tournaments and it is really an amazing opportunity to increase your bankroll from 100$ and above in one day, it is amazing :) good luck ;)

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just started playing single table, hyper and turbo, 6 man Sngs. In 52 games over five days, I cashed in 24 (11 first and 13 second) for a $40 profit. This was all at $1.50 and $3.50 games.

I am new to SnGs, but not new to poker. So is it possible? Of course. Keep in the buy ins you are comfortable with, while adding a couple games above your range. So with $100 bankroll, you should stick with $1.50 and under games, and a $3.50 buy in every 10th game or so. Keep a small ledger of game type, money spent and placement with money earned. Example: Hyper - $1.50 - 2nd - $2.94. After about 50 games, evaluate what works and lean that way. Reevaluate often.

Good luck on your quest!

Last edited:
mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, they are definitely a good way to increase your bankroll, as long as you have control of your bank and do not do things you should not do, you may not increase it suddenly but little by little and being constant you can achieve good results, And as one of the comments says, if you don't like to play long tournaments, this is a good option

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the level of your game. If you play well then these tournaments should suit you

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t think so, but it`s up to you, what you are better at

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not so much my specialty is playing tournaments they are long but still he knows a lot of people and types of players

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find whatever game you feel you can make a profit in imo

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If one has started with a $100 bankroll in Pokerstars, is it reasonable to expect to grow that bankroll to something like $300, $500 or even more playing SNGs? Are these games profitable nowadays? Wanna hear your opinions.

Absolutely yes. If you dont want to play cash games, then the SnG lobby is the place to get practice and build that initial bankroll up to around 500$, at which point you might want to move over to MTTs.

On PokerStars specifically you want to focus mainly on the 45-180 man SnGs, because for whatever reason these have lower rake, and especially the 45 man are still fast enough, that you can grind a lot of these. They also go on hourly break, which is nice, if you are going to grind long sessions.

With 100$ you should mainly play the 1$ 45 man, and when you get near 150$, you can start adding in some 1$ 180 man and 1,5$ 90 man bounty, if you have time for a longer session, because these are more like MTTs with 15 min blind intervals. At 250$ or so you can look at the 3,5$ 6-18 mans, even these still have a bit more rake, than I would ideally like, but at least its less than at the 1-1,5$ level.

There are also turbos like a 1,5$ 45 man, a 2,5$ 180 man, a 3,5$ 45 man and a 5$ 90 man PKO, but these are not as ideal for bankroll building in my opinion. The structure is very fast, so its difficult to find a lot of edge and get a high enough ROI to significantly beat the rake.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm the sit n go games are a good way to increase your bankroll. especially for players who have trained for MTT. it is also a great tool to improve your game and prepare for the next final tables that you will manage to reach.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNGs in Stars are profitable, but no rakeback. The rakeback is very important. The big plus for SNG is the lower variance. Without rakeback is not so "lower".
$3.50-$15, you can expect good ROI. If you are good ofc. Lower ot higher buy in...Just don't...No sense at all. With $100 roll you can find some $1 tournaments with low fee. Or this 50 cents SNG MTT. They are profitable. 50% ROI at least. With this roll, no many options. You target must be $3.50. Fast, as you can...$250 is good enough for tournaments with low variance. And if you know "how to play". I already said that...

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a great game at these tables, then of course you need to play there. I sometimes play there myself. A tournament is a long game, but with a small number of players, everything goes faster.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I think we should wait longer for the return from tournaments than from the sng. You can earn money on the sng if you know how to play them. The distance in them is formed faster. They do not need to sit for a long time as in tournaments .But you need to open a lot of them and constantly make quick clear decisions, more on the machine than in tournaments. But in the tournament, you can grab a big jackpot.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If one has started with a $100 bankroll in Pokerstars, is it reasonable to expect to grow that bankroll to something like $300, $500 or even more playing SNGs? Are these games profitable nowadays? Wanna hear your opinions.

Absolutely SNG's are profitable at the lower stakes. Only at the highest stakes where everyone is playing very strong GTO is it unprofitable, because the money just gets passed around and the rake kills the game; that's why you don't see any high stakes SNG's anymore. But at the lower stakes where lots of players make lots of mistakes all the time there is money to be made for sure.

The plus side of SNG's is the variance is much lower than MTT's. At less that $5.00 tournaments you can often expect to see fields of 2,000+ players and even a good player at that level can expects runs of 100 tournaments without getting a deep cash from time to time. In single table SNG's you will rarely go 10 games without a cash.
The flip side of that is when you come first in a SNG, you will win less that four buy-ins, whereas when you bink an MTT you could win 400 buy-ins.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps quite. There are several reasons for this - they last on average 2-3 hours, on average it is possible with a 70% probability of getting into the prizes, subject to the bankroll management of course.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If they are profitable, even if you notice that you have enough profit you should only dedicate yourself to these games

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management