Or field and $$$ ??

Last edited by a moderator:
TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, MTT means Multi-Tables Tournament...

Sit an Go are smaller.. so faster to play.. prizepool garanteed but small.. you start with a minimum of chips..

MTTs are bigger then S&G.. long to play, prize pool is bigger, late registration to consider..

I didn't see any variance between the games when I switched.. or even with cash games.. I mean at showdown you win or get totally s* out, no matter which game of poker you play :p

-TRP-

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit & Go´s are limited in participants. It starts when enough players has registered. You can choose from 2 players (heads-up) and take bigger S&G to about 180 players as well. It´s played in tournament style with rising blinds.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the biggest difference is the number of players you have to play against. in a mtt it's hundreds or thousands of players whereas in a sit and go it's between 2 or 9 players. which increases your chances of making short-term gains.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can have a small bankroll for 9 max SNGs, medium for Multi-table SNGs,
and really deep for MTTs (at least 200 buy-ins).
Not to mention the impact that variance has on your mental game. There is a huge difference between getting in top 3 a few times every day or a few times in a couple of months :)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a sit a go you can expect better game the long tournaments you have to win many flips then there is a lot of variance

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the amount of time your willing or have to put into a game

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see the biggest difference and the fild, but I do not know if today the Sng are so advantageous

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT tournaments are harder to play than single-table 9max or 6max, as the ICM factor puts a lot more pressure on you. On one table it is much easier to calculate your tournament share than on a hundred tables. Each decision must be calculated taking into account the ICM.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, as for me, better than MTT. I myself play with a guarantee of tournaments of 2 and 4 bucks and norms :) there are not very many people, but the fish is decent;) 3-4 hours and the initial boot in doubling, and if you still sit for another hour, you can play in 20 get there :) but of course at the low limits of MTT, the main game is tight and careful to play, you can’t limp here because crazy players at all :))))

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sit in go the variance and smaller therefore the prizes and smaller and already the MTTs the variance are already huge but in compensation the prizes are higher!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
out the bads you take on the Mtts that would not take you on a sit in go!