Sit and Go or MTT?

ronilsa56

ronilsa56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a $ 45 bankroll on PokerStars, where the types of games are better Sit and go or MTT, and what types of purchases are favorable to raise the bankrool? :confused:

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well it depens on which kind of structure you feel most comfortable with.

do you like quick games or slow games?

if you like quick games I would suggest grinding the $1.50 45 mans

if you like slow games, I would suggest grinding $1 180 mans or the $1.50 90 man KO's

as far as MTT's are concerned, don't play any games higher than 55c for now, play the 55c bounty builder, big 55c, hot 55c and the 55c ante up game(this one is very very soft, trust me!)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can try both, and then decide what brings more winnings, pleasures. What is your soul, and then you can play only in this direction. Good luck to you, just not behind the steel against me.

ronilsa56

ronilsa56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

if you like slow games, I would suggest grinding $1 180 mans or the $1.50 90 man KO's

as far as MTT's are concerned, don't play any games higher than 55c for now, play the 55c bounty builder, big 55c, hot 55c and the 55c ante up game(this one is very very soft, trust me!)
Many thanks for this valuable tip, you helped me a lot and now I know in which games I can compete and gain experience, Good luck in your games

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With this bankroll, I would go for the SNG, definitely. MTTs have too much variance and this is not good for building up a bigger br. I would play the 0.50 SNG turbo, altough it is not the best speed for building a br. Or I would try the Fifty50 at $1.50.

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with short money I like to play low buy in MTT but if time is an issue then Sng

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends what kind of player you are. If you got patience and big knowledge of the poker, I suggest you to play MTTs, on daily basis and grind. If you don't have that much patience and time to play poker like 8-9hours i suggest you to stick to micro SnG and grind.
Wish you all the best, good luck.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's better to play those games where you can show your best game. Try both, and choose what works best.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
45$ you would preferably start with Sit n Go buy ins 0.25 or 0.50 and if you want to try some MTT buy in must be lower than 1.10

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would grind this in sit and gos try grind 100 bi take some shots tournament over those bis try to bink a tornament then build on that and you will have a roll soon

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better to play those games where you can show your best game. Try both, and choose what works best.

This.

Personally I find MTT's much more preferable. I can play 6 straight SnG's and even if I get first in all of them, it's only $50 or so profit with $3 buy in. If you get first place or top 3 at a MTT with high guaranteed, you're looking at hundreds of dollars. I also find MTT's at low stakes protects me from my bad tilting policies. If I bust out, I bust out from a small amount, and most likely I don't have enough time to keep playing a lot of MTT's.

Vice versa with SnG's, losing once or twice, it's so easy to invest in about SnG thinking you'll just win the next one or next two. Just my opinion, find what works best for you!

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a small bankroll I like to play deepstack slow blind mtts and nit it up until I double or triple the buy in then loosen up and play for the win.With $ 45 you can play hrs and hrs of cheap poker with a chance to a bigger bankroll.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best option is to play sits and go 6 players $1.50, or sits and go 9 players $1.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $45 I would just play 5NL cash and try to build it up.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With only $45 Sit and Goes will be a much safer choice to start building up your bankroll. If you do play MTTs then you should stick to the $1 ones until you have at least $100 to work with.

$45 should be enough to grind $2 sngs if they have them on your site, but you may wanna start out with the $1 SNGs to be extra safe with your bankroll.

L

Ludiq Elchapo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SitnGo's are for those who play poker 3 to 4 max hours a day .MTT are minimum 5-6 hours for them you need a serious nervous and discipline without TILT :)
My advice is to play 1.50 6max super turbo sitngo's with a star bankroll of 30$

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
everything depends if you feel more comfortable playing sng or mtt and the time that you have to play, personally I think the sng are the ideal to generate bankroll, and occasionally mtt

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sng, rings or mtt

I love playing mtt and low level rings. In the rings, no ante nor blind increase. MTTs are fun and give me time to work on tournament strategy. I personally have had more luck with these. Making deposits online created so many ying/yang days that I got discouraged with sngs.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and Gos seem hard to grind post Black Friday. Maybe I'm wrong?

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on you,where you fell the best,just take care of Bankroll menagment,dont play any other tournaments other than 55c ones and maybe sometimes take a shot at 1 dollar tourmanet

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played several structures and failed to maintain profit for many consecutive games, I am still adjusting my game, I would like to play the 45players more often, and eventually some low limit MTT.

I advise you to start at 45 players 0.25 and 0.50, the first is normal structure, the other is turbo, after a few games you can choose which type of tournament best fits your style of play.

If you do not have much time available to play, maybe 9 players are right for you.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Я думаю, что сначала лучше будет поиграть СНГ, а потом ММТ

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably say sit & gos. Personally I think MTTS are more fun, but from a small bankroll looking to grind up, I would think MTTs are less likely to build you up. At least with SNGs, you can have a solid idea of what your wins/losses could look like.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If he plays 1.5$ SNG , it will hurt his bankroll , he better takes a lower buy-in at first then keep moving up if he manage to build a comfortable bankroll at least double his starting bankroll , Right ?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That you prefer cash or MTT or sit and go,there and play...