Sit and Go Bubble

C

Cpeck3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing micro stakes sit and goes. Cashing about 47% at the moment.

I feel like my game is there or there abouts but tonight I played a game where everyone was shoving on the bubble. I would raise and they would just jam. I lost the chip lead ending up having to shove with jq suited with 5 bbs left and busting.

When I say chip lead I was around 40 bbs they were around 25. Everyone else was equal.

Normally I don’t like to play all in pre flop without AA, QQ and maybe jacks.

I am assuming that I should’ve been shoving instead of a min raise and I guess they would be unlikely to call.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes on the bubble if you push it will work especially if you on the SB and everyone else folded. But the more people shoving than less chances to win the pot with JQ. The hand is not strong enough for such a move, but against only one player it could be successfully

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I being chip leader in an aggressive table in the bubble I prefer to wait and not sacrifice my stack maybe I misunderstood but after you lost your stack you made shove with JQs and only 5BB that for me is correct it is a good hand to shove with 5BB I think that The only thing I could tell you is that you have a little patience next time and I wish you better luck.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, a good option is when all the opponents start pushing, at this time it is better to wait until they knock each other out of the tournament, rather than follow their example. Patience is the best skill in this game.:)

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the stack that you currently have. If you have a large stack, then it is worth playing more aggressively against shorter stacks, as they will often be afraid of comparing with you. Against large stacks or equal to yours it is better to try not to play. If you are a short stack, then you yourself need to play online poker for free aggressively in an attempt to double. AA will not have time to wait, as the blinds will often reach you. It’s worth mentioning that it’s always better to set all-in yourself and make your opponent think or not answer than to call someone’s all-in.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should practice with a icm tool like sngwiz. The other way to do it is to review your hands using sngwiz and hem2 or pokertracker, just remember to adjust the villans range if you think its different.

marcopero14

marcopero14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing very tight at the bubble works for me