Sit & Go is a good option to start online poker!

Which recommended modality for newbies in online poker?

• Sit & Go

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Torneos Multi-Mesa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends. What do you think about the Sit & Go tournaments? They are not very good options for beginner players since they are single-table tournaments and with a specific number of players, that allows you to quickly study opponents, as this modality is for a single table and number of players. Specific does not allow the change of table of players like multi-table tournaments, I think that Sit & Go is the most recommended to start a career as an online poker player.

What is opinion?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure about starting a career with SnGs but it seems like a good start when it comes to playing online.

I think Phil Galfond said in an interview long time ago, that he started with 6man and 9man, 5$ and 10$ SnGs. At first he didn't take bankroll into consideration cause he was crushing those tables, and eventually he started playing for more money and look at where that got him. That being said - yes, SnGs are a good, steady way to play online poker as beginner!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good start as ICM tactics come into play from jump. My only concern is that the smaller the field the more chance that collusion also can enter into play.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn’t matter what to play. Play what you like best and where you do better.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure about starting a career with SnGs but it seems like a good start when it comes to playing online.

I think Phil Galfond said in an interview long time ago, that he started with 6man and 9man, 5$ and 10$ SnGs. At first he didn't take bankroll into consideration cause he was crushing those tables, and eventually he started playing for more money and look at where that got him. That being said - yes, SnGs are a good, steady way to play online poker as beginner!

Hello, to win a lot you have to play big tournaments. But for beginners the best is to start the Sit & Go.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends. What do you think about the Sit & Go tournaments? They are not very good options for beginner players since they are single-table tournaments and with a specific number of players, that allows you to quickly study opponents, as this modality is for a single table and number of players. Specific does not allow the change of table of players like multi-table tournaments, I think that Sit & Go is the most recommended to start a career as an online poker player.

What is opinion?

The easiest way to say that the choice of games depends on your individual preferences. But, in fact, some games may be better for building a bankroll than others. 1-table SNGs are likely to be the best option. It is also important here that the skills that you get when playing at low and medium limits should help you further when moving up. And if you play in 1-table SNGs, then you can continue to increase your bankroll, even if there are no other options at a higher limit. Also remember that maintaining a high ROI can be much easier when using special poker programs to analyze the game.
The balance between light games and those with too many “regulars” is constantly shifting. For example, 2-table SNGs now look quite light - and more and more competent players are coming here to take advantage of this. This not only increases the complexity of the game, but also leads to the formation of a “hole” in their previous games, that is, 1-table games, in turn, become softer and more profitable.Those cases when a new type of game appears are especially good - for example, when the SNG Fifty50 just appeared on the stars, many beginners and amateurs immediately sat down to play them. This, in turn, attracted strong “grinders” here, making regular 1-table games much easier. As a result, some players decided to make Fifty50 their main discipline, while others returned. And so it is with every new game - Zoom Poker is also no exception.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a good way to start playing is to sit and go, especially the 1.50 ones, that's where I started

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a good way to start playing is to sit and go, especially the 1.50 ones, that's where I started

It may be I will take it into account to see how I stay.