Sit & Go

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all poker lovers !!! And again I want to consult with you, I want to learn how to play in Sit & Go quality . Advise how to play or maybe there are links to good players, thoroughly explaining the strategies and nuances of this game mode ???

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are plenty of youtube vids i been watching . i can't seem to master sngs i do worse than i do in a mtt with over 100 ppl

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you just look at poker or are there specific people you are equal to? I like watching lessons from Daniel Negreanu. Phil Ivey is just as good.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all poker lovers !!! And again I want to consult with you, I want to learn how to play in Sit & Go quality . Advise how to play or maybe there are links to good players, thoroughly explaining the strategies and nuances of this game mode ???
plat tight till most of the player go out.thats how i cash in all the time

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also just starting sit&go-s so Im just gonna wait for our smart people to nudge us in the right way :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get an icm calculator like sngwiz, and review all your errors after your session.

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that is, you will only fill up the game with premium hands, so as not to risk it once again?

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what calculator would you recommend?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I play a lot of 45 players SnG.
Play very few hands and don’t bluff at all.
As most of these games come with starting stacks of 1500 there has to be tight play.
Once you manage to double your stack than can make it to ITM.

This is from my experience playing SnG 45 players tournament.

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your usual figure in itm? Which buy-in do you prefer?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what calculator would you recommend?

I am kinda old school I think I would just go with sngwiz, its very easy to use, works well with holdem manager and poker tracker, and I think its cheaper.

Other more expensive calcs may be a bit more robust, but I think sngwiz covers 99% of players needs.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit and go need to play more aggressively. Almost any pair or ace with a good kicker can be all other, since the game is fast. Steal the blinds, be aggressive, and sometimes a bit of luck

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, play tight initially and let players go out. I use sit and go wizard which is great for teaching you what you should shove and what to fold from different positions when you are short stacked. Be careful though, because you may need to adjust the ranges of players who act after you on sit and go wizard. Sit and go wizard will tell you to shove with 100 per cent of hands when you are short stacked and action is folded to you in the SB, but this is assuming the BB will only call with very few hands. People who play all the time know this move that the SB is shoving with air so the BB might call with a larger range than sit and go wizard is assuming. You can adjust the range for your opponents and see if your hand was a fold or shove.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watch videos and read, play every day

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try looking at youtube videos. they really help me in the beginning

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday problem

Hello! Yesterday I had problems with PokerStars, I couldn’t go in any way. It opens, but hangs when you enter a password to enter the profile. I thought it was a problem with the computer, but it turned out that it was not. Reinstalled, but still the same problem, because of this, I missed a bunch of freerolls. And today I go to PokerStars and everything is fine. Has anyone else had such a problem with the entrance?

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG are much faster than MTTs, sometimes i prefer this. If you can stack up early, you have it easier to beat the others. I mostly play tight at the beginning, if the blinds are bigger i try to steal them and face heads ups if its necessary.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a good book for SnG, the book name is Sit 'N Go Strategy by Collin Moshman. There are lot of more books and courses to read/study about it. And i strongly suggest you first to read some book/observe some tables with open cards than to start pushing and playing online poker.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 person, 6 person, turbo, double up ? what kind of sit and go?

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until you try it yourself, you will not understand, you need to come closer to midnight, when there are many people on the site. The advice here is inappropriate, just try it!

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kalipoker on youtube offers good insight to hand strengths, you'd be suprised at how good some hands play through a round but a strong preflop guide is the best place to start.

S

Sagit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched all sorts of videos, I would like to watch the video lessons of Daniel Negrean in Russian. He is an excellent professional and explains everything in an accessible manner; he managed to find several similar lessons.