XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When playing online rebuy tournaments and you bust, do you make a single rebuy or go for the double, and why? Is their any strategy or specific reasoning behind this?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When playing online rebuy tournaments and you bust, do you make a single rebuy or go for the double, and why? Is their any strategy or specific reasoning behind this?

Double, I play tourneys that are within proper bank roll guidelines & double rebuy for the same reason most good cash players keep their stacks topped off. Want to be in position to maximize opportunities to double up & to allow myself to bully opponents with stack size.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the chips @ the table. If I bust early ( sure I play a little bit looser if I plan to rebuy) and stacks haven't grown that much, and with a double rebuy I'm chipleader, I make it double to be able to put pressure on the other players. If there are big stacks already, I prefer to have 2 shots and try to double up. Sure the level of the blinds play a role as well....(10 or 20:rolleyes:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it all depends on the stage of the tournament and on how much the rebuy costs !!!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think its always about variation. If i talk about me , i make single rebuy on satellites and for tourneys double rebuy sometimes.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like rebuys. I'm ok with Re-entry though

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, it really depends at what stage in the tournament I'm at and how expensive it was to get into the tournament, relative to my overall bankroll. I'd say typically go for the double rebuy. If you're skeptical about double rebuying due to high costs, you probably shouldn't be playing in that tournament anyways then.