Sick fold? or Rigged?

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult fold. Her hand was very disguised as she didn't 3bet her AQ. Therefore his check-raise range was much higher than just the nuts. He could easily have KQ here.

Given the history you could argue he even could have a lower full house or a flush, although I doubt the latter.

Nonetheless there are 4 combos of KQ out there and only one AA hand.

And maybe sometimes he turns this line into a bluff as well.

In any case - this time the laydown turned out to be good, but in general I doubt anyone could lay this down without history with this player and evidence he only does this with the nuts.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
sick fold indeed Terry...don't know if I could have escaped that one.....

csubu

csubu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG. Incredible. it was a gorgeous fold. I don't think I would have folded it.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the balance on the table was breath-taking and given the strength of hands both players to fold here is very difficult,for me personally! And talk about falsification in General are unclear, such deals are possible, why not !

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another river brought to you by pokerstars. Now they start rigging live tourneys also??:p:p

Thats indeed spooky fold. Even Negreanu wouldnt lay that down. He must be a rock, and shoving only with nuts. Imagine he had KQ or straight though...

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This folding was excellent.

I do not want to believe it's rigged .

Very good game.

:eek::eek::eek:

C

Cory55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a sick fold
Maybe had some sort of live tell

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very obvious it is fold. A very good fold lol.

This is the difference between disciplined long term Live Players and why almost all un-disciplined Live players and online players will lose all their money here. There is an element of the game that they miss when you become accustomed to relying on only the math. This is what makes these plays look insane to some people. And some people will even try and question her fold. It's quite obvious with that hilarious look on his face and eyes bugging out of his head when he goes all in that he's just hit his out and his adrenalines going haywire and hearts going 100 miles a minute lol. You HAVE TO absolutely HAVE TO player the player also. I've spent many home games with friends and family not even looking at the 2 cards in front of me and just practiced reading the opponents range and playing the player. It's so insanely important in Live Cash games and MTT's

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is why I will always respect and love live poker.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is a great fold. Don't think I've seen anything close to that before. That has got to be one of the best folds all time. I don't think I would be able to let that go with all the chips that were in the pot already. That is why she is a pro though.:eek:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Found this in the comments section. I am assuming its legit.

Thi XAO NGUYEN 450

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know many players that could fold there. anyone saying it was a obvious fold is crazy. You have to figure how many hands beat you there, AA or KK. Then you have to think what was his preflop raise for. I would have more put him on KK than AA thinking he hit the flop and was slow playing it. Either hand would beat AQ tho so if i took the time to think it out I might fold there. However given the fact that only 2 hands beat me I would probably have time called on me before I did anything. To be honest in the end I probably call. Having said that if i had a AA or KK preflop read on him i would have bet the flop to see his reaction.

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know many players that could fold there. anyone saying it was a obvious fold is crazy. You have to figure how many hands beat you there, AA or KK. Then you have to think what was his preflop raise for. I would have more put him on KK than AA thinking he hit the flop and was slow playing it. Either hand would beat AQ tho so if i took the time to think it out I might fold there. However given the fact that only 2 hands beat me I would probably have time called on me before I did anything. To be honest in the end I probably call. Having said that if i had a AA or KK preflop read on him i would have bet the flop to see his reaction.
99% of players snap-call here,,the other 1% are lying! lol :rolleyes:

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insane fold, i dont think most people can do it, or almost any at all haha, pretty much a snap for me aswell

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a bad fold.

You can't fold that hand in that situation, don't care about the result.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I guess making the big folds is a winning strategy.
I often spot what is coming and still can't fold a big hand...

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another river brought to you by Pokerstars. Now they start rigging live tourneys also??:p:p

Thats indeed spooky fold. Even Negreanu wouldnt lay that down. He must be a rock, and shoving only with nuts. Imagine he had KQ or straight though...

It's ironic you mention Negreanu. The guy with AA did the chip glance Negreanu mentions in his "Masterclass" ad lol.

I imagine in a cash game this isn't a fold often by her since we'll be right more often than wrong that our full house is good here.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a bad fold.

You can't fold that hand in that situation, don't care about the result.

If you know your opponent got you beat... you has to fold so I brilliant fold.
I never fold AQ in that spot but I have to say it’s a amazing fold .

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Just goes to show, that live poker is rigged. That would never happen on-line. Just kidding.
Actually it was an easy fold. Just kidding again.
What a fantastic fold. I hope she goes on/went on to win the tournament.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great fold. She definitely put him on aces or kings. In an interview afterwards she said the line taken and on the 25k bubble the only way he is shoving on her is with AA or KK. One of the best folds I have seen. Obviously not many players will find the fold.

Folding in Poker