• Poll closed .
peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I am angry at losing 2 tournaments after calling all ins with AA, seriously, how can some people shove PF with 55 SNG in MP or JTs in deep? I know that theoretically AA wins 80% of the time, but so it happens that I lost 100% of the time today.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost with AA when I just called , so it is better to lose from all in pre flop I thing...

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I am angry at losing 2 tournaments after calling all ins with AA, seriously, how can some people shove PF with 55 SNG in MP or JTs in deep? I know that theoretically AA wins 80% of the time, but so it happens that I lost 100% of the time today.

I lost a tournament to a Russian. Me with AA and him with 23off. A45 flop. They are poker things. Today I broke 10 AA in the freeroll tournament. One of them with a three of a kind of T on the River (my hand 5T off and I was the Big Blind and the pair just called) and was betting 1 BB until I reached the River, when I saw that the other T came out I came back with All in and he called. And I've folded a pair of aces, because the flop didn't help much.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If on preflop then all-in is unambiguous and always, and do not be afraid that you will lose, in the distance you will all remain a plus.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are things that can happen since they are within mathematical possibilities. It is not always advisable to go allin pf anyway, it will still depend on the opposing player, your reading and chance.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are things that can happen since they are within mathematical possibilities. It is not always advisable to go allin pf anyway, it will still depend on the opposing player, your reading and chance.
What reading? Does best case scenario he has another AA, or AKs, or KK. I mean who goes all in without having a premium hand.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll see how it happens more often than you think today.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost a tournament to a Russian. Me with AA and him with 23off. A45 flop. They are poker things. Today I broke 10 AA in the freeroll tournament. One of them with a three of a kind of T on the River (my hand 5T off and I was the Big Blind and the pair just called) and was betting 1 BB until I reached the River, when I saw that the other T came out I came back with All in and he called. And I've folded a pair of aces, because the flop didn't help much.
Yeah, few days ago I broke an AA limper who thought he had me after I had his half stack in a previous hand, I was in SB with 45ds, so he limped in CO, I raised 2.3, button called he another guy called then he called. flop came A3Jd, it went check check he raised I called both players folded. then came 3, it didnt help me much, but I had a flush, so he went halp pot, I called, then the promised 2d came, I checked he went all in, I snap called. Boom, with my nuts he was soo outs.
In my case scenario, I wasnt limping, I had AA so what the hell I thought. if I lose to KK it is not a big deal, but to fives I was furious that I went all in the next hand which was basically rugs.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, few days ago I broke an AA limper who thought he had me after I had his half stack in a previous hand, I was in SB with 45ds, so he limped in CO, I raised 2.3, button called he another guy called then he called. flop came A3Jd, it went check check he raised I called both players folded. then came 3, it didnt help me much, but I had a flush, so he went halp pot, I called, then the promised 2d came, I checked he went all in, I snap called. Boom, with my nuts he was soo outs.
In my case scenario, I wasnt limping, I had AA so what the hell I thought. if I lose to KK it is not a big deal, but to fives I was furious that I went all in the next hand which was basically rugs.

It happened to me with 46Ds, on the button and the villain with AA. Flop, 357Ds. I just checked that and the opponent just increased the bet. And me paying the bet. J D came and the villain called All in and I paid with a laugh. Think about how much I was called a donkey by the opponent. And the opponent was limp. Flushed As but lost to straigth flush.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, it is not recommended to fold pocket AAs at all, unless this is some exceptional case in the postflop game or does not satellite to any tournament. In other cases, you have 80% to win, which is quite enough for a comfortable placement. Especially if you are going to go far in a tournament or SNG

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold AA preflop---well, maybe to wait out a small stack with a huge payout bubble---but it is always best in the long run to play them, despite how much it hurts the 20% of the time they get cracked.

Folding in Poker