should i have called off my chips on aj

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing on intertopspoker where i made the ft of the 300$ gte $6.60 rebuy -tournament. I was on the big blind with about 9500 chips the blinds are 600-1200 with an ante that i dont remember what it was. Everything gets folded around too the blinds the sb has 23000 chips left and the player is taking a longer time the normal too make a desion after about 30 secs or so they decide too push his chips all in. Im in the bb and i look and i have aj now i thought about folding the hand but my mind was like that the player took along too too shove and he might not have much of anything so i decide too call of my chips on aj. When the hands were shown he pushed all in with j7. On the flop the player floped trip 77s and took me out of the tournament in 8th place my question is should i have called of my stack with aj or should i have folded the hand.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No idea on other players stacks, but you seem on the short side. For me this would be a call no questions asked in a blind v blind situation. SB shoving range there is super wide so you'll be ahead pretty much always.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think You did it right...
You caught him playing the expected weak shove...

The fact that donk got lucky doesn't change the fact
that You played the hand correctly.

I think it depends on how well You can classify the opponent.
I would only fold here if I was pretty sure that he is a tight
player and I end up being all-in with a dominated hand...

But with less than 10 BB left and a good chance that he is
shoving to steal the blind this should not be a fold.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The call is fine, and it is confirmed by his holdings. Don't be results oriented

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less than 10 bb's, b v b ..AJ is a shove/call, probably...depending on the other stack sizes (icm) were there any stacks smaller than yours? ...I would shove/call if I was the short stack, deffo..

Last edited:
danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing on intertopspoker where i made the ft of the 300$ gte $6.60 rebuy -tournament. I was on the big blind with about 9500 chips the blinds are 600-1200 with an ante that i dont remember what it was. Everything gets folded around too the blinds the sb has 23000 chips left and the player is taking a longer time the normal too make a desion after about 30 secs or so they decide too push his chips all in. Im in the bb and i look and i have aj now i thought about folding the hand but my mind was like that the player took along too too shove and he might not have much of anything so i decide too call of my chips on aj. When the hands were shown he pushed all in with j7. On the flop the player floped trip 77s and took me out of the tournament in 8th place my question is should i have called of my stack with aj or should i have folded the hand.
Hello. This is a good question. I personally log my hands and in what position what works for me. I did not catch whether you had AJS or AJO, and when I reviewed my logs, I found something interesting about both in the BB position.
Here are my stats:

AJO
Early 6 of 11
Late 3 of 7
Cutoff 4 of 9
Button 0 of 12
SB 5 of 9
BB 1 of 7

AJS
Early 0 of 3
Late 1 of 3
Cutoff 1 of 3
Button 2 of 4
SB 2 of 6
BB 4 of 4

So: If I had been in your situation, with AJO and still having a chance at a better hand, I would fold. 1/7 AJO in BB would quickly become unattractive. On the other side of the deal, if I had AJS and stats show 100% wins 4/4 from BB, I would go for it. In the case of a loss with AJS, I would chalk it up for the what I believe is 50+% lady luck. I have found that logging my results when I bet a hand has helped me play better, feel better about results if I lose, feel great if I win and helps me understand what and when I can bett with a hand and be successful. I hope this helps. Good luck with your game!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were 3 to 1 favorite pre flop . You pretty much have to take those odds everytime . Good luck next time .

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

You did the right thing. You really want all your chips in at that point even if he didn't shove.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played excellent - just got beaten by a worse hand - that is poker. Always call with your AJ in this situation and you will win in the long run.

D

DeadRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call, bad beat. Not much you can do. Poker sucks sometimes.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times we play a hand correctly and lose but that does not mean that you played badly, much less that is a high hand and the situation takes you to make the call. That is a call with closed eyes you will win that long-term hand 3: 1

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ - the most unloved card for me ..)))
If you take the percentage of victories with her, then I won 1 time out of 10 ...)))
I do not like her ... in any position ...)))
:musicus:

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You always have to call this spot.

Poker Chips - History of Chips