Should I have called a reraise with four people left at the final table of the online

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in a 500 guarantee rebuy tournament yesterday that was $2.20 on global poker. I made the final table there was four people left and I had about 60,000 in chips when I was on the button. I looked down and I have ACE Jack unsuited I made a raise for 15000. Small blindfolds big blind decides to shove all in that player had over a hundred thousand and chips. I had 45,000 left behind me and I thought about 4 for a while but I at the end decided to call to my dismay the big blind woke up with ace-king he wanted making a straight to beat me my question is should I have called off my last 45,000 chips on Ace jack off suit.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shoulda shoved. Either way the money was getting in. Answer to your question would be no the pot odds were not there assuming the blinds were 2.5/5k. Also try to play big mtts they take same amount of luck,effort etc.

D

diegofeijo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
U have the hand complete ?
Because u need to give a little more information. Because what is the stack people have ? How is the level of the blinds ? And in the tablle u try to steal this big blind ? He defends all the time ? He is loose our more tight ? Whem we are on final table we need to think in payjump and ICM.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not enough info. What kind player was BB? Was he/she prone to shoving with junk? Just pushing his/her weight around? Maybe you didn't have that information either but most players aren't going to shove there with junk. If I were in your shoes I would have assumed I was behind and needed to draw out.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably depends on the blinds but if you've pot committed for that much already you've got little choice but to go all in.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have raised a bit smaller preflop to give you room to fold or just shove the hand preflop if your gonna call a shove anyway. Poker must be thought of like chess. Before you make a move always think about what your next move will be.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To have a better answer you need to know the value of the blinds, and how many chips your opponents have, all the information about the villain's image and how he acted in similar hands will be very useful to analyze the best way to act at this moment of the game.

Depending on the value of the blinds I would open shove this hand or would raise it to a lower value. if they had 2 villains in allin, with the possibility of elimination or one of them being too short, I might have folded waiting for the possibility of getting an opponent eliminated and another opportunity to double my chips.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing in a 500 guarantee rebuy tournament yesterday that was $2.20 on global poker. I made the final table there was four people left and I had about 60,000 in chips when I was on the button. I looked down and I have ACE Jack unsuited I made a raise for 15000. Small blindfolds big blind decides to shove all in that player had over a hundred thousand and chips. I had 45,000 left behind me and I thought about 4 for a while but I at the end decided to call to my dismay the big blind woke up with ace-king he wanted making a straight to beat me my question is should I have called off my last 45,000 chips on Ace jack off suit.
Maybe you sould have folded AJ, but it all depends the pay structure, stack levels and player images.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit.
Didn't saw u were actually 12 bbs deep.
Then, just shove it from btn.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is only push or fold... depends on your feelings...

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise and snap call. In this situation. The hand is too strong. Raise 12 000...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Blinds were 2500-5000

very easy open-shove in this spot while on 12bb's and first to open.

Tip: When posting a hand, post the stack sizes of ALL of the players on the table, size of blinds, player reads, payout structure & any other possibly relevant information (< they will usually affect how we play a hand.... although in this particular hand it would not matter if the player UTG had 2bb's and SB had <3bb's and BB had 50bb.. .it's an easy open shove!)