Should I call or should I fold

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble. If I fold 2 hands I will be ITM.
Sorry, I don't remember exact hand, recovered by memory.

hero [AA]
hero: bets 2BB
player: raises to 5BB
hero calls
*** FLOP *** [A Q 9]
hero: bets 2BB
player: raises all-in
hero calls
*** TURN *** [A Q 9] [K]
*** RIVER *** [A Q 9 K] [10]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Player: shows [J 8]

So would you fold with nuts (on the flop) on the bubble or would call anyway?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At that point it was a definite call. Personally I don't like slow playing AA, but that's because I have a significant history of getting beaten. Not sure what your history, but this exactly like how I would lose lol

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call anyway.may be fold on preflop hand of kings and queens, but all to play AA. You must go all in with AA from preflop. You may make 5-bet from preflop because you have hand AA. He folds 8j 100% from 5- bet.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AAll in pre-flop, whatelse? Never see J8 folding so quickly :):help:

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More information is needed to make a good analysis. Stack depths and a villian profile. Is the villian LAG or Maniac? How deep were the stacks. If the villian is not a maniac and the effective stack was over 12 or 15BB, a large or all in 4 bet would have taken down the pot preflop. With small stacks or maniac type player all the chips were going in anyway so, a big 4 bet was the play to make anyway. Only 2 possible outcomes in hind sight; you could win preflop or get drawn out on. So still getting all the chips in preflop would have been the best play.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to fold that hand on the flop ?? you had bad luck is all but it was an easy call you had a set of Aces, the only thing I could maybe tell you about how you played the hand is that the raise in the pre-flop should have been a bit higher but the hand was well played just you had bad luck

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your respondings but I meant how will you play it on the bubble. I had such situation quite often. Have won in 40%. It's annoying to sit for 2 hours and win nothing. On the other hand you can lose or can win more than min cash.

At that point it was a definite call. Personally I don't like slow playing AA, but that's because I have a significant history of getting beaten. Not sure what your history, but this exactly like how I would lose lol
Same. I won in 40% cases.
More information is needed to make a good analysis. Stack depths and a villian profile. Is the villian LAG or Maniac? How deep were the stacks. If the villian is not a maniac and the effective stack was over 12 or 15BB, a large or all in 4 bet would have taken down the pot preflop. With small stacks or maniac type player all the chips were going in anyway so, a big 4 bet was the play to make anyway. Only 2 possible outcomes in hind sight; you could win preflop or get drawn out on. So still getting all the chips in preflop would have been the best play.
It doesn't matter. Stacks were 30-40BB. Since I was eliminated I think he had a bit more. I'd describe his style as calling station who loves to go all-in if you won't.
AAll in pre-flop, whatelse? Never see J8 folding so quickly :):help:
I played with him before with the same situations and 2 hands out 3 he called instantly and 1 hand folded after long thinking.

Last edited:
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1000% call what does he jam that beats you? nothing,
just a super unlucky run-out you can never get away from that hand,

really nothing you can do here, he just loves to shove with nothing on that board and get lucky. maybe on the bubble just shove it pre-flop? or make a decent size raise to make people like him fold

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fairness hero should of raised more than 2 BB to avoid J8 off suit calling just before ITM because seriously what was he trying to do at such a late stage? get called by everyone on the table? i just dont get the min raise at such a late stage ...... you wouldn't slow play AA just before the money its just my opinion but it isnt the way to play..so i guess his own falt....

Robert

Folding in Poker