short stack SB vs BB; Q3s VS nit player

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add new situation, to discuss with you.

I had Q3 suited against wery nit player, he played about 12% of hands, but didn't fold vs steal on blinds a lot.
That's why I've decided to push. My stack was 6bb, his stack 7.5bb.
My minds - he'll fold most of hands, even some kings like a KT, KJ ofs, or Quens like QT.

I don't like to push so small hand as Q3s, but on my opinion, it was + decision.

What do you think about it, is it good push on SB, on your opinion?

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually that may not be a bad play. You are both short and Doyle Bronson says
"if it's just you and the big blind, raise him up". Of course you could lose, he may have a hand, but go for it. Just my thought.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play this blind war situation. His call range with this stack range consists of many combos with smaller hands than yours.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like easy shove.
the (free) MIT course shows how to calculate based on % the BB will fold.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes seems like an easy shove.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add new situation, to discuss with you.

I had Q3 suited against wery nit player, he played about 12% of hands, but didn't fold vs steal on blinds a lot.
That's why I've decided to push. My stack was 6bb, his stack 7.5bb.
My minds - he'll fold most of hands, even some kings like a KT, KJ ofs, or Quens like QT.

I don't like to push so small hand as Q3s, but on my opinion, it was + decision.

What do you think about it, is it good push on SB, on your opinion?

Yes definitely +ev against this specific opponent. Your pretty much asking him to put his tourney on the line that your shoving light. I used to not think that but cost myself a ton of chips not implementing that in my strategy. I mean your getting folds a very high percentage of the time and even if they do call you've most likely got two live cards plus the flush draw potential. ( although a fold would be much appreciated lol)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove.

If he calls ya and beats ya, next game.

The mistake I see a lot of players make is they keep folding and folding and let the ante eat their stacks up. When you are down to like 2BBs who cares if you double up. Ain't gonna last much longer.

Take a stand early. Shove, especially mid stackers. Even if you get called, you may still win.