Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How u guys setup hud for tourneys? Hers what I have so far

First line: note button,name,# of hands
2nd line: vpip,pfr,total af,M number
3rd line: 3bet,fold to 3bet

I got color ranges for vpip and M number. I using M because I figure it will make things easier by not having to do the math throughout tourney.

What do u think? What should I add if anything?

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing pt3 had AFq as default. I switched to AF because that's what most people in this forum seem to use. Is that good or should I switch it back?
PHP:

cool32steve

cool32steve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also use steal and fold to steal

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I use: VPIP / Fold % / Att to Steal BTN / Fold To Steal / Fold to 3-bet / PFR / Total AFq

I find that the more you play the more second nature it becomes to figure out your M, so I recently cut that one out on favor of Fold to 3-bet.

Hope this helps.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grain of salt time because I play more cash than tourneys...

I use a really basic full ring tourney HUD (PT3) since most of the time I'm not playing folks I have a lot of hands on. I also really like a simple HUD that doesn't overwhelm me at a full table.

I've never liked aggression as a stat in the HUD so I don't use it.

I have simply VP$IP, PFR, and 3bet total. That covers most of what I use to guide me for most of the tourney.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournaments the 3-bet / fold to 3-bet stats aren't very useful since you 3-bet opportunities are few. I like the steal attempts and fold to steals since you end up with more of these. Neither of them will prove very useful unless you have a few hundred hands on the opponent.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For tournaments the 3-bet / fold to 3-bet stats aren't very useful since you 3-bet opportunities are few. I like the steal attempts and fold to steals since you end up with more of these. Neither of them will prove very useful unless you have a few hundred hands on the opponent.

I have found this to be true for the most part, but I play many tournaments on the same schedule at the same buy-in and I have been running into alot of the same players recently. And as a meganit I go fairly deep most times and this stat becomes fairly useful as I am generally short of average and sometimes (but still not often) knowing this stat helps me with some re-steals.

Mostly though I added it in for SNG. I find it very useful for the mid to late stages. Basically I just don't feel like changing it between formats (though I know it's easy enough to do) so I am trying to justify it's usefulness in MTT :D

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is primitive. Name/M/Hands -new line-VPIP/PFR/AF. Anything else I need I look at the pop-up. Use the same set up for cash (minus the M, ldo).

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is primitive. Name/M/Hands -new line-VPIP/PFR/AF. Anything else I need I look at the pop-up. Use the same set up for cash (minus the M, ldo).

How do you get M on your PT3 HUD?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing/nothing/nothing

I usually go with this format a lot

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you get M on your PT3 HUD?

Configure Hud > group = "player stats" or whatever you have showing on the table for everyone > select "stats" tab > click "+" sign in front of "informational" > 3rd option down in "M"
If all you needed to know was "it's under the Informational listing in stats," sorry for the extra detail.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Configure Hud > group = "player stats" or whatever you have showing on the table for everyone > select "stats" tab > click "+" sign in front of "informational" > 3rd option down in "M"
If all you needed to know was "it's under the Informational listing in stats," sorry for the extra detail.

Perfect thanks for your help!

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're welcome!
I forgot to mention - be sure you have the "M" stat set to 2 decimal places (box is below where you set the color), otherwise you'll get some weird stuff.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're welcome!
I forgot to mention - be sure you have the "M" stat set to 2 decimal places (box is below where you set the color), otherwise you'll get some weird stuff.

Joe, do you know if there is any way in PT3 to change the rollover text so that it says "M" instead of "A player's starting stack size, divided by blinds and antes?"

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe, do you know if there is any way in PT3 to change the rollover text so that it says "M" instead of "A player's starting stack size, divided by blinds and antes?"
I've never really messed with the default settings like that. Probably the easiest way would be to create a custom stat, then just copy the "M" stat settings and call it whatever you like.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never really messed with the default settings like that. Probably the easiest way would be to create a custom stat, then just copy the "M" stat settings and call it whatever you like.

Much easier idea! Wish I'd thought of that! :D

Thank you,

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing/nothing/nothing

I usually go with this format a lot

Agreed.

Setting up for MTT (I'm assuming you mean MTT here) is kind of a waste of time. All you really need is VPIP PFR HANDS maybe 3bet % but thats about it. You simply won't get enough hands on players for any other stats to be relevant in large MTT fields.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe 3bet %

You def don't get enough 3-bets to make this worthwhile. Attempt to steal and folded BB to steal you may get enough by the time you are ITM.

Mostly the HUD helps if you are multi-tabling with your tables stacked or cascaded where you can't watch the games. If you tile and are able to take notes then the HUD isn't really needed.

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently started to use VPIP/PFR/Attempt to steal/PF 3bet% (hands)

If you get into the middle/late parts of an MTT the last two start to become relevant. Having ATS up to compare with PFR is nice because it can help you quickly evaluate how the player handles position. I also find 3bet% to be useful because basically...a person either 3bets normally or they tend to 3bet somewhat light. This causes the 3bet stat to become a bit polarized after a relatively short amount of hands...sane people winding up from like 0-6% and the more unstable people (me) who are around 10-15%. You get very few people who hit the 6-10% zone.

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can't u just put M for the prefix that's what I did. That's what ur asking right?

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might be dumb question but what position is attempt to steal. When button trys to take ur bb? Or when sb trys to take bb? Or is it either position?

Oh and why did u say to put m to 2 decimal places? What happens? I gave mine color ranges but I don't think I messed with decimal places.

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use same thing for mtt and sngs. I mostly just play cash except for the cc stuff. So I see same players a lot actually

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't u just put M for the prefix that's what I did. That's what ur asking right?

Not quite. I was asking how to change the default description since it's kind of long.

As for attempt to steal, I think the definition is going to depend upon your HUD. You can specify steal attempts from the SB, or you can see attempts from Late Position which I believe is the cutoff and button (I don't think in full ring the hijack is counted in the stat).

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and why did u say to put m to 2 decimal places? What happens? I gave mine color ranges but I don't think I messed with decimal places.

When I had it set to "0" decimal places, it seemed to round out the numbers, which I don't want. When I put in 2 decimal places and checked it w/ a calculator it came out fine.

R

RdotJdot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u set up attempt to steal can u do it both from late and the small blind? When I try to put what position I want it has early middle late and blinds. If I put it on late it won't count when small blind steals right? There are seperate stats for attempt to steal(sb) and (button) and (cutoff). But I rather use one stat for all 3. I can't figure out how to do it. I have PT3 by the way.