Satellites

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest poker tournament in pokerstars won man who got to this tournament from satellites. Are satellites profitable to play on the distance?

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a very good story and that man from brasil can really be happy. It doesn't happen very often :)

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
While satellites may be the option for people unable or unwilling to spend more to enter a bigger prize pool tournament, it's definitely a grind. While it may be profitable, you'd need to consider the time it takes to not only win a satellite but a big-money tournament, so these are factors to think about if you want to be like the lucky man from brazil.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is profitable, and most importantly it is cheaper, and you will already be familiar with the style of play of some players, and if you meet them again it will be easier to play.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love satellite tournaments! If the value is good and there are enough guaranteed spots, then it is definitely worth it!

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly find it profitable to play satellites, because there are tournaments that in the beginning you will have to have a comfortable bankroll to play, through satellites it is the easiest way for you to play and be able to accelerate your bankroll since you can try to satellize and play a tournament that is not in your reach at the moment.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play to satelites, I have won entries, they are profitable till this, but I see that the software behaves different to a directly buy-in player than one from a satellite!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
"Software behave different" ! Funny statement, don't think I can agree with you there. I have played tournaments with tickets won on satellites and cashed without noticing any change of "behavior".
And yes, I agree with most of you guys, satellites could provide a nice opportunity to make some money in a tourney one couldn't afford in the first place. Good luck all.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I want to play in a major tournament that I can’t feed)I go through the satellite.Convenient, fast and cheap!

C

Csibiii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've won a couple of satellites already, but I've always fallen out of these tournaments soon:)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that it’s hard to get through the satellites to the tournament. But it is very profitable and gives a chance to win good money with small losses. I always use satellites.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that it's easier to play satellites than a tournament of say the same value. That's because half of the other players don't seem to care about them and don't take the games seriously. Most satellites don't really ever get competitive until you're close to the money.

P

Pocmcfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love satellite tournaments. As long as there's a decent amount of seats available, spending 3 hours grinding for 2 seats with 300 people isn't much fun. Perfect for playing a bit nitty which some people don't seem to have the patience for.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play whenever I can for the cost benefit, for being a ticket and not money, opponents use a larger number of hands which is generally very good.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beautiful thing is these satellites. If there were none, I would not be able to play in very big prize tournaments. A $ 200 buy-in cannot be made for me.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites are a very good thing. At tournaments with big Bain gets only through satellites. For $ 4 you can get to the tournament for $ 33. For $ 22 to $ 215 for the tournaments. I do not like to play satellites to the micro limits. There is more difficult because they play very aggressively.

Poker Tells