Right fold

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the raises was very bad.You should have raised more.
I dont know if i would have fold or not but the general plays was bad at my eyes

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand should never raise over a limp pre flop from mp. Given multi way on the flop on an AA4 2 spade board yo should be betting around 40% pot, because people don't bluff multi way and you want to try and build a pot with your nut flush draw.

given the check on turn you should make re raise sizing much bigger than min to about 660, This way you have a lot more equity realisation as his range becomes more defined.

however given villians bet on river and the line we took, we really cant put him on a range and thus fold is the best play.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I even thought about a limp pre-flop but I'm avoiding this move. Post-flop I was already uncomfortable with Azes. On the river I would call the villain's bet if I hadn't doubled the 4 tan because it wouldn't hurt my chips but with the 4 I was even more uncomfortable. If he shoved back on the turn, I would call. I believed that he had an Ace because there were a lot of players involved in the pot. If he had AQ or A4, even the turn would be a matter of luck.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The raise on the turn should have been higher to get more value since we were way ahead most likely. This thread though is about whether the fold was right or not and I definitely would say the fold is correct. When the opponent min bets out on the flop like that he either has an ace or a draw to the spades. Since he limped it could be either but I would lean towards the ace. Then the turn comes and the opponent bets more than minimum but still not a lot. It is a bad bet sizing no matter what but I still think it leans towards an ace and he is trying to see how you react to see if you have the flush. As mentioned the raise should be more here but I am not sure you are getting him to fold. Then with the river double pairing the board and the opponent bets big it is a safe fold.

If the opponent does not have an ace he would have to have a Q or J high flush which I dont see him turning into a bluff on the river given the board.

Folding in Poker