Reraising preflop in BB with No Fold Equity?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should you ever reraise in the Big Blind with no fold equity when you reraise. I see people reshove a lot but they have no bonus in doing so vs a stop and go move.

Lets say you are down to 6BB and button opens with 2.5BB, with 2.62BB in the pot already. If you reraise no one would ever fold. Or the chance of making someone fold is really low.

If you call and play the flop, you have a greater chance to induce a fold.

But I see people reshoving like 90% of the time (not including 6.5+BB which they do have fold equity) and I wonder objectively what are they trying to accomplish.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players today will call such a stop-and-go with the majority of their range, and the few hands, they fold, are those, you would not mind to be all-in against.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will do this if I think I have the better hand preflop and I want villain's chips in now. If I feel it is a coin flip, then I will call then either shove, check/shove, or check fold.

The problem is when BB misses the flop (most the time) and now they are forced to play OOP and check/fold, even when they believe villain is bluffing, or bluff shove with no idea if villain hit.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 6bb I think its better to just push, if you call you can miss the flop and most of the time opponent wont fold with two owers or Ax for example because the pot is so big anyways.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this depends on my hand and how well i think it does against buttons range. if i think i have a edge or at least break even against button's opening range, then it's in my interest to guarantee i see all 5 cards and jam it in. this is so i a) realize my true equity and b) maximize my value.

if i think my hand doesn't have an edge over buttons range, then i might opt to call, jam flop instead.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is stop and go "weapon". Call and then shove OTF. Some of the hands are suitable for this. You are not going to shove every time. Let's say you have JTs. Depends on the boards, you can shove, check-call (check-shove) or check-fold. With pocket pair or Ax hand you shove preflop with 6bb for "value". You don't have FE, but whatever. You have equity, invested money, pot odds.

Folding in Poker