XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I’ve read many posts on CardsChat and other forums debating the merits of registering MTTs early in order to build up a stack vs. registering late for various reasons, but which leaves you with too small a stack to make moves with. Might there be a middle ground? What do you all think about skipping pre-ante levels and registering when antes kick in? Obviously this would apply mostly to standard structures, not turbos, KO's, 6-max, etc.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that registering late at any time reduces your edge. Bad players will bust quickly, missing the opportunity to get chips from them by regging late will always cost you more than any advantage you gain imo. That is not to say you should never register late as you can still be +ev in a tournament but your edge is significantly reduced compared to regging the same MTT on time.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As a general rule late registration is a hindrance, but as with all things poker, it's situational. Factors that should be considered when making a decision include number of players remaining, how many places pay out, how many BB will your starting stack contain. Other important structural facts to consider are tounament type, number of players per table, and the time between levels.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has to be at a time when you are in the middle stage

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just enter when you like. I think you have better chances of doing better by entering early. The reason is if you enter late most times you are just shoving any time you get a good hand. DONK POKER...

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont see any benefits having to shove the first opp youre just relying on luck vs skill esp on acr, i reg'd last level to try and make itm, get 88 flop a set, villain shoves with KQ i call and of course runner runner k q for thhe higher boat