Recommendation for tournaments

O

omer10068

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments that cost a lot of money like $ 2500, players there at a high level, I have to be a professional to play there?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You must have money to pay for registration in this tournament.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2500$

i have never play in so expensive tourment
the bigest one i have join is 215 $ sundays million in pokerstars
i belive that you just need to be ritch and not nessesery pro

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments that cost a lot of money like $ 2500, players there at a high level, I have to be a professional to play there?

A lot of players satellite into these events.

Some are just gambling.

Some are rich recreational players looking to make a big score.

Most are strong players with hundreds of thousands of dollars in their poker bankroll.

You don't have to be a pro to play but you have get lucky and satellite in or have $2500 to blow.

O

omer10068

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It did not happen once that an amateur player came to the wsop final table, I played at 100 + 9, the prizes at 2500 they can change lives

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have thought most of the players at that level would be pros but that's just the buy in level and nothing to do with the ability of the player or how long they have been playing. Obviously though people are not going to play for that level of cash around unless they are accomplished players or they have series money to waste.

Even most pros that you see on things like twitch are generally playing for lower buy ins, quite often in the $30-$215 range although multi-tabling. A lot of live events can be more pricey though and attract a wider range of players.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on a tournament. I have been playing 5k events where players were worse than on average 22€ rebuy on MPN. Lots of satellite players and staked "pros".

Of course bankroll-wise one needs to be millionaire to play such events for life on his own.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play the week day majors on ACR for $50k guaranteed,$80k guaranteed etc. and the players are way worse than the CC league game for like 30 bucks at most for 1st place.

The players at The Venom I heard were "soft" though that is just rumor. The players several months ago at the $265 buy-in Million dollar sundays on ACR were tough as could be...they always 3 bet me in position.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not know if you have to be a professional, but if you must have a lot of knowledge and experience in the game to be able to play it, those tournaments are very high level, most of the players are very strong players, it is not like playing a $ 55 tournament or $ 109 even in those crazy things are seen, in those tournaments I think you must have a lot of motivation, knowledge, a lot of patience

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on your financial situation and your experience. I think it is better to play in tournaments worth less than $ 5. I play poker for only one year, so I have little experience. At the moment, I am actually playing only in freerolls.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not think you should be professional, but if you must have a lot of knowledge, resistance, patience, I think those tournaments are very long because the level of the players is very high, nobody is going to play crazy to lose so much money in a few seconds

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Anyone can play these games but very few people can afford them. While I am sure many of these players are very good at the game there are also people who satellite into them of just have the money to spent on events like this every so often. Think of them like the WSOP main event. 80000 players maybe there but how many are true professional players.

scolopin77

scolopin77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much

You have to see if you win tournaments alot a bit or sometimes or at least get in a paying position. Pay big win big,pay big lose big:eek: Which will it be.
:jd4:;):jd4:

O

omer10068

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But the level there is different, the players are much better there, I think we have to be disciplined

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of players satellite into these events.

Some are just gambling.

Some are rich recreational players looking to make a big score.

Most are strong players with hundreds of thousands of dollars in their poker bankroll.

You don't have to be a pro to play but you have get lucky and satellite in or have $2500 to blow.

Definitely. Satellites are usually the best way to get in if you don't want to pay the 2500. If you think that people will play a lot tighter with a higher buy in, you are mistaken. Especially in a live tournament. So many times I've seen wreckless play in the first level and people get knocked out with garbage.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why dont you just try small money tourneys and see how you do and when your bankroll supports it move up.