Rebuy Yes or No!

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just curious do you like rebuys or do you hate rebuys?

Do you prefer a MTT with rebuys or Freeze out?

Is there an advantage for rebuys?

Do you need to have more poker skills in freeze outs?

I almost want to avoid rebuys myself as people go all in and call with anything and the rebuy right back in.

Now for the pros they probably say that makes the payout better.

But when you have AA and they have 76s and call an all in raise and hit two pair and take you down, now you have to rebuy or be me at what happened. If I rebir seems like I never recover in the same tournament.

Please give me any tips you may have and how does your bankroll handle those?

Should I just stick to freezeouts or do you recommend that I truly try to get good at rebuys, not that I am any good at freeze outs.....Lol

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could say rebuys help bring down variance, as a lot of worse players and some unlucky good players would go out by the time you rebuy, also depends on the table you are in, if the stacks are pretty low and you have a decent read on your opponents and you busted out because you didnt get good cards or lost a flip, rebuy, other wise dont.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get better is the key

I almost want to avoid rebuys myself as people go all in and call with anything and the rebuy right back in.

But when you have AA and they have 76s and call an all in raise and hit two pair and take you down, now you have to rebuy or be me at what happened. If I rebir seems like I never recover in the same tournament.

Should I just stick to freezeouts or do you recommend that I truly try to get good at rebuys, not that I am any good at freeze outs.....Lol

Thank you for posting.

The key to rebuys is having an advantage over the field. When you get knocked out by variance you can jump back in and play. This is very much like cash games. You always rebuy in cash games if you have an advantage. If you have no advantage then rebuying fewer bb's is a bad idea
As my title suggests you have to get better to have an advantage. Rebuys help you play more hands per tournament so you can get better. Unless you can just immediately play another tournament which is what you should do instead. The reason being, you will be playing that 100 bb starting stack instead of 30 bb rebuy. You will then get more hands which should lead to more growth, if you are reviewing hands and studying your play.

Hope this helps

:):)

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

for me i hate rebuys cause it makes the game longer and people play real crazy cause they know they could just rebuy

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the great advice. I believe your thinking is correct. I never looked at it like that, and what you said makes since.
Thank you for posting.

The key to rebuys is having an advantage over the field. When you get knocked out by variance you can jump back in and play. This is very much like cash games. You always rebuy in cash games if you have an advantage. If you have no advantage then rebuying fewer bb's is a bad idea
As my title suggests you have to get better to have an advantage. Rebuys help you play more hands per tournament so you can get better. Unless you can just immediately play another tournament which is what you should do instead. The reason being, you will be playing that 100 bb starting stack instead of 30 bb rebuy. You will then get more hands which should lead to more growth, if you are reviewing hands and studying your play.

Hope this helps

:):)

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this rebuy method has made me bleed out my bankroll thats why i need to stick to lower tourneys if i am gonna rebuy

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people tend to play more loosely when playin a rebuy tournament. That is if your a person that rebuys. I personally am not. I figure if I can't get anywhere are the first entry there is no need in spending money to continue on a hope and a prayer. I don't believe it's smart to continue to pay money to play in a tournament when you've already been wiped out the first time. I move on to another.

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys

Hello I think being able to rebuys can help players who have a lot of money and disadvantage others because they will open their game and do anything.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like the rebuy option. It comes a cash game if someone can rebuy as much. Some bankrolls are bigger than others

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I personally dont like rebuy tournaments as I believe it hurt the game more than it helps. I dont mind re-entry's as much as it just like entering late into a tournament. There is one positive aspect that is good with a re buy. If you lose a big hand and there is no other tournament you can jump into right away you can at least still play this one.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly I do not like, many players go all in with nothing and often still win.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like rebuy. I think if you win, you win.And if you have to lose, you lose with the rebuys.Sometimes seen as catastrophically lucky someone.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As mentioned, I am also not a fan as ppl tend to play way more loose and just pop back in .. it also makes a long game even longer

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of rebuys, because there comes a guy with money and just keeps rebuying, he's gotta hit something cool and big, that's why I prefer freezout, but that aside rebuys do kinda help for normal players so they can get back in the game :)

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy tournaments are very attractive, as the prize pool increases very much and a lot of players like such tournaments. I really love him and I love playing him. I do not have success for now, but I hope I will do something bigger in the near future. Greeting!

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like rebuys tournament because it gives better cash... but I never rebuy myself.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like re-buys when I need to re-buy, but I would rather play a multi table SNG without re-buys.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I can not tournaments with rebuy. Highly addictive tournament time, though I rarely use them. Try to do without them, took off from the tournament, flew.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Freeze out, you have to play with the most open range.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I prefer the one and you are done tournaments. I think it will make you a better all around poker player if you play with one life.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not a fan of rebuys, although there some of the softest mtts available. I believe your supposed to treat them as a 3x buyin freezeout. Always go in with 1 rebuy at the start and 1 addon at the break.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I honestly agree with you in not liking to rebuy. When I enter a tourney with rebuys I do it without planning to rebuy. The only way I do is if I'm really on my game and out playing my opponents and happen to get coolered in a big hand. If I feel I have an advantage even with a starting stack I'll try another bullet. If it's close to the end of the rebuy period and I would be at a heavy disadvantage in regards to stack sizes I wouldn't rebuy though.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebay a couple of times you can do but not get carried away! I did rebuy several time. At first they gave me two aces, and I went to Allyn, and I lost with aces. Made another rebuy and the brazilian beat my two kings, complete nonsense turned out.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I experienced it today. I was in a rebuy tournaments went all in with KK and the opponent had AA, get beat me.

Bought back in and found out that when you get back in that 3,000 chips is small when the blinds are 750/1500, so I got AK and had to go all in again missed the flop and opponent hit with Q8.

It would not let me rebuy after that, I was out.

So I don't like rebuys but can't find any feeezfreez to play in other than the freeroll.

Russian Idiot;5125965 said:
Rebay a couple of times you can do but not get carried away! I did rebuy several time. At first they gave me two aces, and I went to Allyn, and I lost with aces. Made another rebuy and the brazilian beat my two kings, complete nonsense turned out.