Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Never? You don't need to make multiple rebuy's to be eliminated yet again lol ... :bebored:

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good rule is to keep total buy in less than half of what 9th place pays.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no sense from rebuy i personally never do it if we burn burn what to do
however, these are additional entry fees and possibly a potential loss of more money :)

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your post. I personally try to stay away from the rebuy. With a rebuy strategy just making it into the money isn't profitable unless you make it deep itm. Therefore I stay away because it is discouraging for me to finish itm and still lose. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
rebuy games just buy a stack game

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that rebuy only worth it if you are busted just in the beginning of the game. And the stack you will receive is not so far from the average. If is, it's better use your money to enter another tournament will full stack.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're playing within your BR means, there is no problem with rebuying. Now, should you rebuy really depends. You have to consider your starting BBs if you rebuy and how you'd do in that position. Rebuying and have 50 BBs to play with is a lot different than rebuying and have 15 BBs. Are you capable of making those adjustments necessary to be successful?

If you're near the add-on break, I think rebuying is worth it if you're planning on taking the add-on. What I do when I play rebuy MTTs is I always register during the break and take the add-on option. By doing this, I minimize my buy-ins into the game and since late registration has ended and I'm practically just late registering into a standard MTT at his point. At the micro-stakes (where I play) players are playing a little bit tighter as, usually, it's not too far from the money money bubble and many players are trying to get ITM. Fast, loose play has reduced significantly as buying back in is no longer an option. And if you're able to play a mid-low stack effectively and take advantage of the weaker players, you can potentially do well.

Using BOL as an example, registering during the break and taking the add-on gives me a ~27 BBs to start, ~37 BBs if I'm able to take the rebuy option before the add-on. Most of the time, at 37 BBs is around average stack size with very little effort.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if it can be profitable. Never do it too much though, it can mess you up

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing can ruin a tournament like a cheap rebay. Maniacs terrorize other players and buy chips. If you have two or more of those on the table, normal play is impossible.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls with rebuys are the worst. I've seen people spend more on rebuys than they would get for winning the tournament, and usually they get knocked out before ITM.

It also benefits the poker sites. I believe once you're out you should be out.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use it when I play satellites, and before getting into the number of winners really left to hold out in the game quite a bit of time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off rebuy and reentry is not quite the same. With rebuy you keep your seat, with reentry you are put on a new random table just like people, who register late. pokerstars only offer rebuy in a few R+A tournaments, which seem to be going out of fashion on the site, whereas 888 Poker always use rebuy and never reenter.

With rebuy my decision is partly based on the quality of the table, just like table selecting in cash games. But other than that I will only rebuy, if this is also a tournament, I would have played, if I just sat down and opened the poker client. So it depends, how deep into the tournament it is, what else has started in the meantime, what is going to start soon, and if I still want to add more tournaments.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends the phase of the tournament and how is the average stack if it´s approximately at your initial stack, I think it´s worth it, but if it´s double or more maybe doesn't worth

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I only rebuy once, usually close to the break or add on stage. Depends on the blinds and ante of course.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuy in MTT. How often and when should I use it?

it usually happens when you lose in the hands you thought you would win, or lose with a high pair, it is usually used this way in my view!

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls with rebuys are the worst. I've seen people spend more on rebuys than they would get for winning the tournament, and usually they get knocked out before ITM.

It also benefits the poker sites. I believe once you're out you should be out.

That's pretty clear for me that rebuy in freerolls is benefit for poker sites. I never do rebuy in freeroll... freeroll will be for my always for free:D

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends the phase of the tournament and how is the average stack if it´s approximately at your initial stack, I think it´s worth it, but if it´s double or more maybe doesn't worth
Thank you. I have also thought that if the average sack is double or more as rebuy then it will not be convenient for me.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing within your BR means, there is no problem with rebuying. Now, should you rebuy really depends. You have to consider your starting BBs if you rebuy and how you'd do in that position. Rebuying and have 50 BBs to play with is a lot different than rebuying and have 15 BBs. Are you capable of making those adjustments necessary to be successful?

If you're near the add-on break, I think rebuying is worth it if you're planning on taking the add-on. What I do when I play rebuy MTTs is I always register during the break and take the add-on option. By doing this, I minimize my buy-ins into the game and since late registration has ended and I'm practically just late registering into a standard MTT at his point. At the micro-stakes (where I play) players are playing a little bit tighter as, usually, it's not too far from the money money bubble and many players are trying to get ITM. Fast, loose play has reduced significantly as buying back in is no longer an option. And if you're able to play a mid-low stack effectively and take advantage of the weaker players, you can potentially do well.

Using BOL as an example, registering during the break and taking the add-on gives me a ~27 BBs to start, ~37 BBs if I'm able to take the rebuy option before the add-on. Most of the time, at 37 BBs is around average stack size with very little effort.

Thank you. Your answer told me a lot. I'll try to keep your advice.:D

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like rebuy tournaments, especially tournaments with the ability to make rebuys unlimited. I only make rebuy when I play satellite.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don’t really like such tournaments either. Most of all i like tournaments without late registration and without additional purchases...
However, if you got out from the game at the initial level of rates and you have a good ROI in these tournaments, then you can make an additional purchase...