emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, not why do you play poker, but should you play the cards you are dealt.

There are many different variations of poker, different games, tourneys, levels of play, serious players versus donkeys, position, bubble play, heads up, chip stacks, blinds, antes and they all have one thing in common; random cards.

I do not usually offer up much strategy advice in here because well, you are the enemy, but heck why not here goes. For the purpose of this exercise I am playing Texas Hold 'em.

First of all, any 2 cards can win a hand, pre-flop, should you call every hand? Depends what the blinds are and what part of the tourney, call small, see the flop if possible. The problem with this is many players are not disciplined enough to lay down when they don't catch or get sucked into a losing hand.

I prefer to play a certain way most of the time when I am being serious, sometimes I just don't care, but when I am serious, I am tough to beat in the long haul, I generally have patience to wait for the right cards.

Getting dealt great cards is a reason to play a hand, but not a guarantee, so raise it maybe, call if need be, again this depends on many reasons and situations, but all in just because you got a decent pair or even a big pair, AK, suited connectors, whatever, doesn't mean you are going to win, just that they are worth the flop.

Again, even if you catch the flop it depends on the flavor, bitter or sweet? Enough to call, but enough to lose, If you caught a set, but there is a lot of color or straight draw, hard to fold, but I have in certain situations done just that, folded a set, on a wet board, prefer to call small and see if I catch the FH on the turn. It depends on so much, but most players see a set and get greedy.

To me it is important to let the cards play out a certain way before I commit to a pot, but getting baited by certain players with a history and a pattern is one of the downsides to always playing with the same players, sometimes it is hard to resist the urge to take them out, even if it means playing cards I normally wouldn't play.

It depends on my mood how I handle that situation, good mood serious player, bad mood don't gaff.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I always try patiently to wait for strong cards. I play poker for only 7 months and I think this strategy is the best bet for beginners.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
REason for playing I guess mainly for the competition and to test yourself against others, as for the money not really fussed as long as I've got a healthy bankroll tbh.

Hopefully one day if I play more seriously I could win a larger sum than my best £1200 odd it's been a while tho :)

Blast $5 ain't going to make me rich come on 888 give me a share of the 1000

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I play the cards I'm dealt? I'd say yes, generally speaking. Take control of the betting as soon as possible with your connectors, watch how the other players respond (get most/all of them to fold). Shove only when necessary. Bet consistently so the other players NEVER know what you have. Keep them guessing. It's best to appear to be a maniac, then nail them with a real monster hand when they call you all the way to the river.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it was mostly fun playing, but in time it became more serious and then I started playing for money. There is also a little adrenaline from some competitive spirit, but even when playing for money there must be a dose of entertainment because everything would not make sense then. There are many factors, but I would sing the money as the first and the main, and everything else is also a bit like I said.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello.
I always try patiently to wait for strong cards. I play poker for only 7 months and I think this strategy is the best bet for beginners.

when you are only waiting for strong cards to play, your opponent can easily explore you, and the moment you have KK, AA, Aks, AQs, among other cards they will know and it will be noticeable in your game .. I need to do more than this to have patience to play with strong cards, and need to know to play with any cards, it is the second important factor of the game friends.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it depend on tournament you play. For example hand 2,3 can win in freeroll, but pocket pair in knock-out on premial high limits. Maybe this is my fantazy, but i looked it many times:stoned:

T

tomku2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not why do you play poker, but should you play the cards you are dealt.

There are many different variations of poker, different games, tourneys, levels of play, serious players versus donkeys, position, bubble play, heads up, chip stacks, blinds, antes and they all have one thing in common; random cards.

I do not usually offer up much strategy advice in here because well, you are the enemy, but heck why not here goes. For the purpose of this exercise I am playing Texas Hold 'em.

First of all, any 2 cards can win a hand, pre-flop, should you call every hand? Depends what the blinds are and what part of the tourney, call small, see the flop if possible. The problem with this is many players are not disciplined enough to lay down when they don't catch or get sucked into a losing hand.

I prefer to play a certain way most of the time when I am being serious, sometimes I just don't care, but when I am serious, I am tough to beat in the long haul, I generally have patience to wait for the right cards.

Getting dealt great cards is a reason to play a hand, but not a guarantee, so raise it maybe, call if need be, again this depends on many reasons and situations, but all in just because you got a decent pair or even a big pair, AK, suited connectors, whatever, doesn't mean you are going to win, just that they are worth the flop.

Again, even if you catch the flop it depends on the flavor, bitter or sweet? Enough to call, but enough to lose, If you caught a set, but there is a lot of color or straight draw, hard to fold, but I have in certain situations done just that, folded a set, on a wet board, prefer to call small and see if I catch the FH on the turn. It depends on so much, but most players see a set and get greedy.

To me it is important to let the cards play out a certain way before I commit to a pot, but getting baited by certain players with a history and a pattern is one of the downsides to always playing with the same players, sometimes it is hard to resist the urge to take them out, even if it means playing cards I normally wouldn't play.

It depends on my mood how I handle that situation, good mood serious player, bad mood don't gaff.

Interesting normally people in freerolls go in with any 2 cards to build a stack or bust to not waste time it would be interesting to see if that play could hold up in cash tournaments to