Queen Ten suited

M

Mib3653

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just busted in MTT tourney. 900 entries, 130 advanced. I was 46th with 100K chips.

Early on day 2. Players under the gun (big stack) raises to 22K, a bit over 3x bb. Player next, second big stack calls. I fold q10 suited oop. Of course q10 flops.

A few hands later, I’m in cutoff. All fold to me, I bet $24K with KJ suited. Big blind raises to 60K (I now have 75). I go all in and lose.

Did I misplay both hands?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st hand: I fold here not wanting anything to do with the big stack and not a premium hand

2nd hand: Missing informations. You raise 24K, but what are the blinds? How many players left? What's your opinion on the reraiser?

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand = easy fold

2nd hand = depending on what the blinds were it's an acceptable raise. Not sure I'd call off all in. A lot depends on the blinds, how much longer until next level, how many people were left, what is BB's history? Lots of missing information.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand I agree with the other comments...easy fold to an UTG 3+bb raise. The 2nd hand I think you overplayed the hand with your first bet. You're in line to make the money so survival is what you are trying to since you don't yet have a stack that will take you all the way to the big money. The blinds appeared to be around 7K...a 14K 2bb raise would have been better. And, then, it's an easier fold to the big blinds huge raise. KJ not a hand to gamble your tournament life with.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
First hand weak, don't play it.
KJs also a weak hand you raised from the CO correctly to steal the BB, his raise told you to back off, you should.
Your 24K raise represented how many blinds, 2.5 bbs should have been all you invested first in from the CO.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As with the others I agree QTs is a snap fold here. The 2nd hand we need more information to make a good response but I would have folded more than likely but its really depends on the other information we did not get here.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the first hand was played correctly. The second hand if I understand the numbers correctly meant that you had only about 9 BB left at start of hand. The results would have been the same but I think the second hand should have been a shove.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think you played well but we can add more value to those cards according to the flop or that is my opinion sperot and it was good in that tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With two players already in the pot, early position action and a more than 3BB open raise, its fine to not defend your blind with QTs. There is to much risk of flopping a dominated pair and getting it in bad, and your stack is way to short to draw profitably. What cards came on the flop, after you folded, is totally irrelevant.

In the second hand it seem like, blinds were 7000/3500, and you had a starting stack of 75.000. That is only 11BB, and then KJs is just an automatic open shove from CO. You are to short to make a normal raise, because you are not going to fold to a jam anyway. And therefore its better for you to be the one pushing, because it gives you more fold equity.

Picking up a round of blinds and antes uncontested will increase your stack by almost 25%, which is very meaningfull. So you did in fact misplay the KJs hand, but depending what he had, the result might well have been the same, if he was strong enough to call your push. With stacks this short there is generally not room for much finesse in poker, and it just is, what it is.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong. It is necessary to focus and play again. If you often can play a lot of times you are in situations where you fold the best hand.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand = easy fold

2nd hand = I think that is fold but need more informations.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QTs is a fold here , the second hand should have been a good shove in my opinion.GL

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
QTs isnt even a dilemma, that's a fold.

In second hand, pushing all is ok or not depending on your chip count. Looking like a fold to me most of the time though.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold the QTs as you did, raise the KJs only min instead, and fold to the 3bet.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a classic case of playing the hand and not playing with seeing the result of what would have happened. The Q10 is a fold automatically. You are facing hands that dominate you and you have to get extremely lucky. KJ is the same thing. You are at least facing AJ/AK or a pair. Those hands are all favorites against you.

Especially playing late in a tournament, you want to protect your stack with strong holdings. If someone shoves pre-flop against you that basically covers you and you're holding KJ, it's an auto fold.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are eight outs I think would fold this hand.:icon_sant

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just busted in MTT tourney. 900 entries, 130 advanced. I was 46th with 100K chips.

Early on day 2. Players under the gun (big stack) raises to 22K, a bit over 3x bb. Player next, second big stack calls. I fold q10 suited oop. Of course q10 flops.

A few hands later, I’m in cutoff. All fold to me, I bet $24K with KJ suited. Big blind raises to 60K (I now have 75). I go all in and lose.

Did I misplay both hands?
I think that you played correctly both hands. Unfortunately in the first hand you had to go all in too but the fear blocked you.Don't hesitate to go all in with TQ suitage.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 is a standard fold, for each of the times you hit some two pair with QTs you'll have 5 more times where you wind up against AA/KK/AK and bust out.

Hand 2 should be an easy laydown after getting 3b jammed but depending on the blinds I'd be open shoving it or folding

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ur fold q10 is ok but u could also fold kj and wait for better card if u were deep.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st FOLD 2nd is not a hand that can be worth a lot of chips, playing a little Tight is better your chance.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand I agree with everyone that it was a good fold regardless of the flop.
Second hand I don't believe with your stack depth you should be just opening. It's the type of hand that's either a shove or fold imo. With 11 bigs you can't afford to lose 2 bb's by open folding so it's forcing you to get it in with KJ. Overplayed imo

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really happens on several occasions, you let yourself go because on the first play when you folded, you regretted to see the result that the flop threw, but the truth is that you did well, fold was the correct desition, and for the worse of many, what happened to you happens to all players on many occasions, later this play made you doubt as something similar came out, KJ suited, in which you had to have folded too, and the inevitable happened, you lost. Folding both hands was the best option, next time remember that ;)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with others first hand is a fold with your stack size. I don't mind a call if you had a bigger stack size and a call was only about 5 per cent of your stack. Calling after a raise and another caller, means there's more in the pot and you are getting better odds (I'd be less likely to call without the big stack caller.). It's a spec hand but high suited gappers are nice to be able to see a flop with. You just have to be ok with letting it go if you only flop so so. KJ hand sounds like a fold or a shove with your stack size, depending on the types of players left to act, etc