Has the quality of your game play suffered by playing too many $10 freerolls

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has the quality of your game-play suffered, by playing too many $10 freerolls which takes poker strategy out of the games due to so many all-in pre-flop fishes?

I personally have noticed that my once Extremely Disciplined focus has been Grossly Contaminated to the Nth- degree after playing for the last three years on these low level freerolls.

Have any of you similar experiences having to deal and play, against extremely poor players over long periods of time?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make sure to play more seriously in a real money tournament or higher quality freerolls. The lower quality on demand freerolls can be a safe place for experimenting with new strategies.

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls with a lot of players and a small prize, very badly spoil the game and in essence it is not a game, but an automaton with video poker. Where people just click the buttons. In such games it is better not to play, you can forget how to play. And when you get into table with strong players, you will understand that the game is radically different.

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing a bunch of freerolls I sometimes find myself getting stuck in shove mode, and forget to switch gears. It's sometimes hard to get back in fold mode.

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree when everyone is playing like a donk in a freeroll you tend to play like one as well

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, as I never played them.
I do know however, my bankroll suffered because of playing higher stakes.

V

vergara03354

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately the same thing is happening to me, I have played many freerolls for $ 10 and I feel that I do not advance in my game, that the strategies I play never materialize, and I feel that what I have learned by theory and by the hours that I dedicate myself to look for each aspect of the game, it's lost time, but I just noticed that I must play more competitive tournaments, to see the truth of my game and what I should improve

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are other freerolls besides the $10 On-Demands you should be taking advantage of. That being said I go into those freerolls with a completely different mindset than a normal tournament.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing a bunch of freerolls I sometimes find myself getting stuck in shove mode, and forget to switch gears. It's sometimes hard to get back in fold mode.
I think this is a problem I am currently having. Not from freerolls just getting to shove happy at times and running into monsters..

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a problem I am currently having. Not from freerolls just getting to shove happy at times and running into monsters..

I did this just a few minutes ago. I took second in an mtt, then the very next tournament I shoved my button with A2s. QQ called and stacked me.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not shoving that wide. My problem and not real sure where it came from. IS... Lets say I have AKss 2.5-3 bet it pre one caller flop A xx I half pot it or so get re raised and I more times than not insta shove. Then boom set. This is with very dry boards as well. I think I am just on massive downswing but at the same time I think the downswing has made me a little bit to shovey in spots and not thinking out situation as much like hey dude may have a set here. My mind is TOP TOP shove LOL.... Looking over hand history's leads me to think that is the case:confused:

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dah !!! That's what I's talk..en about .......lol ..........Too funny!

I but seriously, it does effect your game to a point.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just like any jgame and formort the $10 freerolls theres a method to those patience dont be afraid to go all in usally half the field is sittion out. gooder luck fools

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be a great poker player you need to adjust your strategy to your opponents. So you should play one way in freerolls and change it depending on the stakes. I notice that in freerolls the best players are usually in the final 30 so you have to adjust anyway.

Top 10 Games Freeroll Passwords