QJ UTG

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJos UTG at a fairly aggressive full table (7+). Worth playing, or best to chuck it?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, but if stack less 6bb shove it.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Expect someone will call at an aggressive table.

When that happens, most likely we will be underdog.

Short handed though, I would play it since percentage changes.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm.. someone will always call if you raise or shove. Limp is never a good option as in an agressive table, someone will raise and you will be even worst.. just fold it unles you're short stacked..

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd open QJs UTG 9 handed at the right table, but not that table

M

meska

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
imo under 5 BB shove, above 5BB fold

Jrbobdobbs64

Jrbobdobbs64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a full table fold this 99% of the time(utg). Like the other guy said whether or not its suited makes a little difference too but even if you flop a monster draw being oop in a multiwaypot can trainwreck you. It pretty much needs to bing the nut str8 for you to be absolutely comfortable with it post flop.

B

bolenator

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJos UTG at a fairly aggressive full table (7+). Worth playing, or best to chuck it?

Pretty limited amount of info here, but just fold , whatever you raise more then likely is going to get called and you are playing the rest of the hand out of position against maniacs.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is going to depend on stack sizes and our image, deep stacked I'll be mostly folding sometimes raising. Short stacked this might be a good enough hand to get in with but even then I'll be letting it go a lot.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather chek,is maybe if you have in color min raise...otherwise if is full table you should juste call in my oppinion....

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like hands like that UTG you can draw a ton an take down huge pots.
id limp an call up too 4x raise (assuming every1 similar stack size)
see the flop and go from there. just be carefull calling a showdown with top pair

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QJ from UTG
I think would be better to fold , but if you're see an aggressive table you can make a mini raise.
Anyway I think would be better to fold.
Thanks!

L

leorulex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. But if you have -14bb shove it.

bitowl

bitowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't open QJ UTG in cash and wouldn't consider it in a tournament either. Like some posters said if you're nearly blinded out its an ok hand to jam.

SteelyDanFan

SteelyDanFan

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're short stacked and you choose to shove with that garbage, you're almost always going to get called by a better hand. Best you can hope for is the short end of a 45% flip, if a medium PP calls you. Unless the J-Q is suited, I almost never play that hand in early position.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was wondering why 14bb too :)

Like previously said if you have under 6 bbs shove it, more than that fold.

T

Tode8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold , if you are short stack like 6-7BB or less shove it any 2 face cards..it depends how big is antes, if antes are small you can weit for better hand.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
utg if nobody makes a rise going all-in, if several players make ups before I retire , qj is no big deal and almost always by 'll be back in hand

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chuck it...it looks pretty, but doesn't play so well post flop.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 14 BB or less better than the 6Bb or less. Why because you have less than 10 orbits left until you are blinded out. UTG shove looks strong and with enough oomph to have some fold equity. And a good stack if you are called and manage to win. Six BBs isn't much of a threat and doesn't get you far.You'll be back on the mat in a few hands even if you win.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends from the previous cards. If it has not appear again it is again a medioum choise with a risk.

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call and fold to huge raises it's a peak a boo hand that you wanna see cheap. Look for the nutz k-9-10-4-3 your gold other wise flops like q-4-7 check and fold to the raiser and save your stack because your probably drawing dead to aq- or kq. If you flop k-10-2 then your still 18% and wanna be cautious even though your drawing to the nuts.