Pushing all in preflop

W

wiredkings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the most unlucky poker player. Last 2 tournys kk all in knocked out 5th by Ak when ace hit the river. Next I have kk vs 10s 10 hits the turn luckly I had him covered. For 2nd or 3 I had a 7 vs k 10 went all in flop k105 I had A q once and raised 4 times the bb one caller j93 he went all in and I layed down but he had me covered so I folded he had k9 off.

I find if Im very far ahead they usually dont hold up so why push all in preflop esp when Im in a race I usually loose.Its hard to fold kk Ak Aq late in a tourny preflop. I called a all in after the flop with qJ diamonds and the flop came qqj to put me in the final 3 I try to see the flop if at all possible. How do yall play them and do you win more than you loose with premium hands in those positions. I c

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not the most unlucky player if you reach the FT and get 5th place [emoji6] Many of us play those hands more or less like you, sometimes it's just a chain of unlucky outcomes with better hands. Just get over it and continue reaching final tables.

W

wiredkings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im asking about going all in pre flop and losing most races. I try to avoid preflop all ins. Is this a better strategy

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think so. Going all in preflop with premium hands like JJ+, AQs+ is rather a better strategy imho

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im asking about going all in pre flop and losing most races. I try to avoid preflop all ins. Is this a better strategy

It’s a much better strategy if you have more than 25 BB. If less, you are getting allin anyway with QQ+
Instead of shoving, try a pfr then shove most flops or turns. This will give the Ace highs a chance to food the flop before they connect and beat you on the turn or river

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At me too most with QQ / KK / AA, and when psihanul for the last time and played ol inn with Q10, then took the bank after catching a straight

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess going all in preflop is fine with QQ, KK and AA, not so much with other hands. Still you probably shouldn't go all in allways, because you want some AJ or AT to call and hit some top pair paying you off, instead of folding to your all in preflop.

There is a good quote, i believe Phil Hellmuth said it:
"I like to see more then just 2 cards when going all in" :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I tell you my friend advise so play fewer hands just a minimum but the winning.And don't try to see the flop with bad starting hands if you are certainly not in the blinds then it is possible as they say on the pot odds.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that in the long run though it feels really badly to get beat in those situations you are coming out ahead when someone is calling your all in preflop with worse hands even if they need to draw very lucky to win. Keep playing positive EV and you will win in the long run.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unlucky things happen lol, just have to deal with it

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker players will gamble , and sometimes they will beat or bust you with weak hands ! There is nothing wrong with shoving big pairs .

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning of the tournament,I am going all in preflop only with AQ, AK,AA and any pair starting up from 99. It works for me most of the time.