Push/fold ranges

A

Alexgunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. Lately i´ve been playing a lot of turbo MTT and it is very important here to master a push/fold range. I´ve been looking for charts and found this website here: http://www.pushfoldcharts.com/fullring/
Do you think it´s a good one?

Also, with how many BBs do you start to just push/fold in a Tournament? I have this rule that with less than 15 BB, I start the push/fold phase. What about you?

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill try this in a few sit n gos and see how it pans out thanks

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I will start playing sit n gos and test it. I'll try to balance the range in order to identify my style.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a reasonable chart. Start applying with 10BB or less like it says. You can makes some plays with 15BB stack so not necessary to start pushing at that point.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Chart is fine just remember to adjust to player tendencies certain players call wider others are tighter. Most of the times big stacks call wider and players tend to tighten up closer to bubble two things to note. e.g. you do not want to shove 86 off small to big against a player with 50 BB and is a calling station.

Also sometimes against tighter players it is better to min raise they don't call without a hand no need to risk all stack when a min raise gets the job done and they will only call you if they have you smashed.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is all very conditionally :) it is impossible for the tournament to follow these conditions :), I think it is not only impossible but also not work :), try to remember your good hand (if you are not using the program) which hands are good and most important the analysis of the opponents in each tournament :) If we talk about fold and the number of blinds I always play to the end :)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chart is fine just remember to adjust to player tendencies certain players call wider others are tighter. Most of the times big stacks call wider and players tend to tighten up closer to bubble two things to note. e.g. you do not want to shove 86 off small to big against a player with 50 BB and is a calling station.

Also sometimes against tighter players it is better to min raise they don't call without a hand no need to risk all stack when a min raise gets the job done and they will only call you if they have you smashed.

Exactly this. You have to play position & the players. A simple text book play style of push/fold charts aren't good enough to be a good player. You'll be exploited very easily

And don't shove all your chips if the same can be achieved with a min/2.5 raise

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that compliance with these rules will be very difficult. After all, you will not always be able to get the right combination. If you play according to this sample from this site.
but, I will try to see how it affects on my game and I will decide if it's good. Because this is new style to me.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
chart is fine to use. Adjust chart as needed for table and players.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

+1.. this is it!!

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think something like 8-10 BB.
With more than that you're able do play.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not bad chart.As for me , I start to push with 12-14 bb and it's depend on different situations.Sometimes I prefer minraise.

D

davidhoyle107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As has been said, push fold is a art and a science. You have to estimate the other players ranges, and formulate a exploitative range that will win more often than not. That's a art. And dang hard. It could be a whole book on its own.

D

davidhoyle107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For example. Against a super tight big stack, would you call all in with AQ? I'm assuming your chart might say that's a good call.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example. Against a super tight big stack, would you call all in with AQ? I'm assuming your chart might say that's a good call.

Agree, think you need to play against the villans ranges, and you should look at icm factors.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes if you have played a buy in above your head/buy in range it is okay to try to just hold on when you have lower blinds imo. You will definitely not win this way but if you got into a tournament and have a lot of time and its worth a decent part of your bankroll you change how you play just to get a little money back out of a bad decision. As usual I would recommend not buying in over your head though people will do it anyway.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for sharing this. I will give it a try the next games :)

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to apply a push / fold strategy when I have less than 10B. And I do it without tables)

Folding in Poker