Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars 8500+1500 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - 100/200 Blinds - 3 players

BTN: t4249 21 BBs
Hero (SB): t4358 22 BBs
BB: t393 2 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is SB with 7 <font color='red'>♥</font> T <font color='black'>♣</font>
1 fold, Hero ???

I know i have to shove..
I shove mainly using Pokerstrategy Categories.
For an effective stack of <= 5 bb i am using Category 8 hands to push which are basically about 40% of hands.
Should i shove something like 70% of hands here or ATC,
given my x10 (and more) stack over him?

What % to shove when villain is a miniscule, given i have reduced fold equity?

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should shove with 90 percent of your hands, maybe even 100%. This is where I would not even look at my cards and shove. And if I am in the BB, I wouldn't even look at my cards and call. This is such a small stack that nothing else makes sense. If the BB had 5BB, you actually have a decision to make. Then I think 70% makes sense. I would still be a little more aggressive.

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you've already got the small blind invested, you pretty much have to shove any hand in this position. Even 72o has enough equity against his calling range (which should be 100% of hands) to makes this a profitable shove.

vlzvl

vlzvl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanx for the replies :)
I understand what you're saying.. Since he's calling everything, mostly unpaired then even 72o is about 30-35% against whatever he calls me with. I agree.
I suppose it's worse to give a walk to a 2bb player :) Perhaps there's nothing more to think in these cases since i have at least 30% equity.
Thank you

Farmz

Farmz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove 90 % of hands here and take him out. [emoji16]

vlzvl

vlzvl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove 90 % of hands here and take him out. [emoji16]

I did (though my T7o is stronger, a 50% hand) and took him out goodbye. From now on i'm going to gradually shove close to 90% as the effective stack shrinks :)