re: Poker & Progress or false hope? from a noob
How to take and post a screen shot.
1. Press print screen (it may be Prnt Scrn) on your Keyboard or if you have a window within a window press Alt and print screen together to capture the active screen.
2. Open MS Paint.
3. Press Ctrl and v simultaneously, or right mouse click and then paste.
4. Press Alt then f together go to the save as menu and then to JPEG
5. Select Jpeg from the menu and name your file, and select save and choose where to save the file. (usually in pictures)
6. When ready to post make sure you go advanced or click post reply which automatically takes you to the advanced area, at the top of the advanced reply box, click on the paper clip icon. Pictured below.
Manage Attachments Button.jpg
Then click Manage Attachments
When new window opens click browse and find your file that you saved before and double click it, then click upload and wait till you see your file then close window, your file is now uploaded.
If you want to place your screenie in a certain part of your post, place the cursor on that spot and go back to the paper clip icon and click it and the drop down menu will open and you will see your file, then click it and your done.
I forgot to add this,
While still in Paint
*****If you get a lot of white around your screen shot, click on the white area and then at the bottom right corner of the white area there is a small square, point to the square and when your pointer changes to a double ended arrow drag it to remove the excess white area from your screeny.*****
Good luck and I hope this makes things a little easier for you, with time it will become very easy.