DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Let's talk some strategy.

Our own ideas plus input from top quality members here that are willing to give some input is something we can all benefit from obv.

This is not about how the stake should be run. It's all about game play...

Gogogo:)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a top quality member but happy to help where I can. 1. Don't fold JJ pre ;)

H

HollyMichelle13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold KK on Stars if near/on the bubble

GTD exit hand

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't let previous decisions effect your current decisions..

But still fold JJ Pre..:)

Seriously though sometimes i let this thought creep into my game. I will think about what happened the last time i had a certain hand in a certain position and then make the wrong decision...

Something Alfie mentioned about making the right decision and forget the result this is something i will be working on again going forward.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why don't we just start up the tournament thread again next week? been a while, think we have quite a few people playing tourneys and sng now...

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't let previous decisions effect your current decisions..

But still fold JJ Pre..:)

Seriously though sometimes i let this thought creep into my game. I will think about what happened the last time i had a certain hand in a certain position and then make the wrong decision...

Something Alfie mentioned about making the right decision and forget the result this is something i will be working on again going forward.

All we can do in this game is make good decisions when we decide to play a hand...we make money by making less mistakes than our opponents....so if we make good decisions all the time (or atleast strive for that) then we will be winning players.......past hands have no relevence in present/future hands as cards have no memory.....just like we can win with 7-2 on a 772 flop in one hand and lose with it the other 100 times lol.....not that you would play that hand as its the worst in the game....same with jacks....I quite like them personally...they are the 4th best hand in the game. But its also easy to overplay them.....obv it depends on the situation how we play them...and there's infinity situations....just need to know when to holdem and when to foldem...

Example...a loose passive player that you have 100 hands on (decent sample) with stats of 50 vpip and 3 pfr raises x5 from utg and we are on the button with jacks....if we've got x20 left in effective stacks after his raise and we're deepstacked we can call to setmine.......if the stacks are shallow then a fold would maybe be the best option.....coz even though he's a loose passive fish that limps 50% his pfr is only tiny at 3.....3% would be like AA-QQ AK.....and if we call or 3bet then our range is crushed (calling if we don't have the right odds to setmine)......if we did call with the odds and the flop comes AQ5 then that hits his range full in the face and we are crushed.....so we let them go....but if his pfr was 30% then we could easily 3bet to build the pot and AQ wouldn't be as scary.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why don't we just start up the tournament thread again next week? been a while, think we have quite a few people playing tourneys and sng now...

I had started that up again a while back but by the end of the first month so many people wound up starting up their own challenge threads who had been involved I wasn't seeing a point in keeping it going figuring it wouldn't get much interaction, however that was before the group started the collective stake, and i guess i probably had it more stt geared as well based on title.

Could work, try for an astounding tourney thread return in april and see how it all goes i suppose.

@all: play position obviously, don't play what looks like a strong A but from EP (AJ, AQo) which is something I think I do too often that might be getting me in trouble....remember to change up your play as blinds increase in regards to being agressive and attempting to blind steal but know against which vil to raise how much and know when to slow down post flop :D

Thats it just spewed out all the knowledge I was reading about last night lol.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats this private staking group anyways? am i even allowed to post here? :p what games? tourneys/cash?

yeah for sure start it up. i haven't been involved much here for a while, but back playing now just had my first reverse heater since i've been back :(

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think you're all good enough to know things like, play JJ, play in position, play aggressive. Let's get some hands in here! Boom some stuff guys!

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats this private staking group anyways? am i even allowed to post here? :p what games? tourneys/cash?

yeah for sure start it up. i haven't been involved much here for a while, but back playing now just had my first reverse heater since i've been back :(

basically a group of us are doing a group stake (currently in session 8 @ 50$ each, started with 5ish initially which didn't go well and replenished it in session 2 and have been going up from there) where we all play, stt's/mtt-sng's/mtt's and at the end split the profits/losses evenly. Have had a couple of different members in and out but usually have had 10 mostly the same each session.

link to our latest rail below:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-staking-64/private-group-stars-ftp-session-viii-242258/

EDIT: And yes please post away, all input and tips and hands for discussion welcome IMO.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh ok, cool. best of luck guys!

any stt/mt sng questions fire away!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, planning on doing a Skype session soon with Ram going through a hand history of a $22 MTT on FTP where I went pretty deep. If anyone is interested in joining, I'll post the time and date ITT and any of you guys can jump in.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, planning on doing a Skype session soon with Ram going through a hand history of a $22 MTT on FTP where I went pretty deep. If anyone is interested in joining, I'll post the time and date ITT and any of you guys can jump in.

This would be interesting, I know for me even just from the sideline to see how you guys go about doing it and discussing it etc. I often feel like i don't know where to start with reviewing hands, as its not something I have ever done.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh ok, cool. best of luck guys!

any stt/mt sng questions fire away!
nice one, thanks for the offer of some help...deffo be asking you some questions :)

sounds cool, i would like to observe the session if thats ok.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This would be interesting, I know for me even just from the sideline to see how you guys go about doing it and discussing it etc. I often feel like i don't know where to start with reviewing hands, as its not something I have ever done.

maybe post a hand or two after your next session dave and we can have a go at analyzing it. I enjoy that sort of stuff, although i havent been in the HA section for ages. Maybe because i dont know the players thats posting or whatever, but i should check it out more often for some practice.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah think perhaps I'll look at doing the boom thing as that way if i'm thinking correctly I can boom a hand soon as it happens and go back to them later as opposed to after session if I'm running a grind having 1000's of hands to look at to pick out situations. not sure how boom will impact my dam internet cap is the only thing, fck i hate having such a shitty internet and shitty internet cap lol.

I do have a couple of thoughts on some filters to lookup hands, some thanks to wizzim from a league game chat a while back, just haven't gotton around to it but will :D, currently slightly hooked on the colin moshman sng book almost half way through after starting it two nights ago (lots of hand examples, well mainly hand examples so going to require a couple of go throughs but interesting and letting me know I have probably been a little too loose from EP sometimes).

:D as i am feeling this thread will be a good thing, we already gots a winning mtt player and winning stt player up in here with johnboy and wizzim now just need my lazy ass to post some hands lol

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I would like to look in on this too, be good to get in the minds of some great players.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking of doing it tomorrow afternoon around 3pm GMT. I know it won't be ideal time for some of you but if you want to join, add me on Skype; johnjacobs1989 and make sure you have Team Viewer 9 installed.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure if I liked the A2s 4bai vs. BB's 3bet when he's chosen to 3-bet on a stack of this size as opposed to them just gii. (dont' think we ever had any FE & were likely way behind villain's range)

Oops! Pre-mature evaluation. Sorry :eek:

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking of doing it tomorrow afternoon around 3pm GMT. I know it won't be ideal time for some of you but if you want to join, add me on Skype; johnjacobs1989 and make sure you have Team Viewer 9 installed.

How went the review after, was anyone able to make it?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A bit off topic but here we go.....

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a beast at the tables.

That would be awesome if I could consistently do it right but far too often I'm too beastly for my own good.

Lately I've been pushing the aggro way too early in the game. Exploiting timidness in your opponents when taken too far leaves you open to be exploited. Lately I've been getting creamed by slow plays because I just can't let up once I get head to head with a tight player on a dry board.

Been winning so many small to medium sized pots 2 barreling the turn and 3 barreling the river I just have no idea when I'm beat. Problem is they're always repping something (duuuh) but more often than not they don't have and will fold to pressure.

Most of the people I'm playing against have no concept of what a 3 bet is other than "ooo I GOT THE NUTZ ....RERAISE". Of course I'm gone unless I'm holding near nuts myself. Just feel these guys are easy post until I get nailed pushing things to far.

Obv answer is to go back to tag early 3 bet the right guys mid and bully with a stack late.

I'm good at pushing things and have a good feel whilst doing so, but again I'm leaving myself open to be exploited. I'm just hoping someone can give me an indicator saying "you're beat pal...go away!!"

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How went the review after, was anyone able to make it?

Was really good but just me and Ram at the end. We covered some really good MTT spots I felt, some cold 4-bet bluffing, using limping to your advantage and exploiting other people exploiting other people.

Dave, S&Gs are a solved game pretty much and it's not worth your time trying to bully people early levels. It's an ICM game and as your last paragraph seems to suggest, you know the right strategy but aren't using it. People will let you bully them early because it's not worth their chips to call off light but then you get exploited later when it counts.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, please spread the word johnny, the more people who think sng games are solved and the more people who think it's just push/fold ICM game the better it is for me.

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bit off topic but here we go.....

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a beast at the tables.

That would be awesome if I could consistently do it right but far too often I'm too beastly for my own good.

Lately I've been pushing the aggro way too early in the game. Exploiting timidness in your opponents when taken too far leaves you open to be exploited. Lately I've been getting creamed by slow plays because I just can't let up once I get head to head with a tight player on a dry board.

Been winning so many small to medium sized pots 2 barreling the turn and 3 barreling the river I just have no idea when I'm beat. Problem is they're always repping something (duuuh) but more often than not they don't have and will fold to pressure.

Most of the people I'm playing against have no concept of what a 3 bet is other than "ooo I GOT THE NUTZ ....RERAISE". Of course I'm gone unless I'm holding near nuts myself. Just feel these guys are easy post until I get nailed pushing things to far.

Obv answer is to go back to tag early 3 bet the right guys mid and bully with a stack late.

I'm good at pushing things and have a good feel whilst doing so, but again I'm leaving myself open to be exploited. I'm just hoping someone can give me an indicator saying "you're beat pal...go away!!"

Hey Dave correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling you may be thinking about last nights league game. I felt early on, and even later, that every raise you made you had worse cards than me, but as Johnny said, it wasn't worth losing my chips on a hunch or flip. As being a nitty player, I felt my bluffs looked stronger than yours (if you know what I mean). You did scare the crap out of me a few times (you were hitting everything early on), but I just couldn't give your cards any credit when we got HU.

Now for this being a strategy thread... I think it's a great idea. I just don't have any set in stone strategies.