pre flop All-in with AA

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is calling an All in bet pre-flop with AA in hand considered risky at beginning of a tournament?

What is the probability of losing (and probability of winning) a pre-flop all in hand in tournament play (assume 9 at table).

background: It seems like I lose more hands with pocket AA than won.

ashtonhilton

ashtonhilton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is calling an All in bet pre-flop with AA in hand considered risky at beginning of a tournament?

What is the probability of losing (and probability of winning) a pre-flop all in hand in tournament play (assume 9 at table).

It's risky if there's alot of ppl's in game.
Try to use odds Calculator to look % probability.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can work in freerolls and possibly microlimits. As a rule, preflop aces have about 80% against 1 player, but the more opponents, the less our chances to win. I advise you to simulate your situation in a poker calculator to assess the probabilities.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 1 player I never fold AA pre flop. Against 3 and more you should to decide go All-in or not.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A large number of opponents in the pot preflop does not guarantee a victory with AA. although this hand is difficult to fold, so it remains to hope only for a miracle

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the only hand I don't mind busting a tournament with. :cool:

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding AA preflop...even in a bubble situation or even against 2 or 3 people. I think the worst case scenario for AA against 2 hands is something like 60%...and that's if you're looking at J 10 suited and another hand. If you're facing hands like AK and QQ as the 2 hands...you're a 3 to 1 favorite. You can play with the numbers all day, fact is you are a heavy favorite to put yourself in an excellent position in the tournament.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It seems so to you. Math is a stubborn thing.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had AA hold against 5 opponents yesterday. I was thrilled ofcourse. So many players with similar KT/QT/TT all there outs were in other peoples hands. No one had an A. Was weird, thought I was a goner when everyone shoved.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean , there's a risk with every hand. In the end the only way I can possibly see anybody folding AA preflop is if the whole damn table calls and you're last to act. I am not folding the best Pair Preflop. my AA get cracked they get cracked period. They seem to get donk'd out online always but I'm still never folding preflop.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each player must decide for itself what is more important for him, if necessary respond to shove - the opportunity to multiply stack or likely to leave the game.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!!!tell me what map do you need to go to ollin?for me it all depends on the position,especially in the early stage of the tournament.and so it solves the case.and interest does not always come with statistics).good luck!!

L

leonardo2251

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
respuesta

. i win more whit qq and jj ,pre flop,
the odds are less

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To each his own,And not a bad hand for all in

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that playing all in any high pair at the start of the tournament is risky, the odds that you win with them would obviously be high, but it will depend on the people who enter the bet, the cards they have and how they finish developing. the game, I have also lost many times with AA, but the fact of having AA does not mean that you will always win with them

C

chilefish31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

"All you can do in poker is get it in with the best hand and hope it holds up" Devil Fish Dave Ulliot

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is risky despite having a large margin in favor. You must take considerer the number of players that enter the bet and your position. I think it's better to work hand

C

chilefish31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is risky despite having a large margin in favor. You must take considerer the number of players that enter the bet and your position. I think it's better to work hand

If you push all in from late position with 5 or more limpers or to a raise or 3 bet you are representing AA or KK or maybe QQ. Anyone that calls you will have AK suited KK QQ or maybe JJ if they're a loose player. The limpers will have folded and you'll be a 4-1 favourite.

You cant just wait for the nuts every time after the flop.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything in poker is risky . The odds are in your favor . I will call that every time .

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always throw all-in preflop with this hand especially in the last part of a tournament to not take too much risk. Against a single opponent you have a 80% chance of winning.

B

bhmorte22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

for me it is impossible to drop AA pre flop, the odds in my favor are very significant, and the obvious we are talking about the best possible hand flop if for a misfortune to lose follow the game, but never fold.