PokerSnowie...but for tournaments??

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that PokerSnowie is the best poker AI available to the public? Right?

But that's aimed at ring / cash. Yes, you can use it to analyze scenarios in early stages of tournaments, but after that....

Is there any good AI for tournament analysis? Beyond something like an ICM / push-shove trainer?

Part of the reason I ask is because I feel like there are scenarios where I could post a hand and ask for analysis, and then I wind up with, say 2 posts supporting the move I took, and 3 disagreeing. So where does that leave me? For one, it's just 3 against 3 (if you count me). And two, I have no idea how competent the people replying are. I would feel a little better trusting a well-known AI, but I don't know of one for tournament poker.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Genius??

It claims to be able to handle tournaments.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that PokerSnowie is the best poker AI available to the public? Right?

But that's aimed at ring / cash. Yes, you can use it to analyze scenarios in early stages of tournaments, but after that....

Is there any good AI for tournament analysis? Beyond something like an ICM / push-shove trainer?

Part of the reason I ask is because I feel like there are scenarios where I could post a hand and ask for analysis, and then I wind up with, say 2 posts supporting the move I took, and 3 disagreeing. So where does that leave me? For one, it's just 3 against 3 (if you count me). And two, I have no idea how competent the people replying are. I would feel a little better trusting a well-known AI, but I don't know of one for tournament poker.

You would have to use something like piosolver to get GTO responces for each scenario.

The problem with these programs tho is that they assume the opponents you are playing are also playing optimally, which will not be even close to the microstake player pool.

MTT play is much more in-depth then cash game play as cash games are usually always played with much deeper stacks, where as MTT you must change your strategy and ranges for the various stack depths you find yourself playing.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HoldemResources handles tournaments. This software is difficult, and not "dumbed down" for the masses. In order to use the software effectively, a lot of study time is required.

Rumor has it that Ali Imsirovic used HoldemResources to propel himself to the nosebleeds over the last few years.

There is a 14-day free trial. Get the free-trial, imports some of the tournaments you've played and decide if the tool is something you are willing to spend time with.