Poker tournaments

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker tournaments give you a great chance to win money with low buy ins but to win a torunament you have to be very skillful and luck plays a major role .. How do you guys think ?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only luck,but also cold calculation...

S

shair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you compare between low/hihg buy in, i think you are right: low buy in (or freerolls) many players play more lightly go all in or too bluff than in higher buy in.

in strategy consider that.

But if think only about low buy in (without compare between high buy in) - not correct that mostly luck.

imho. In any case strategy more important.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On big tournaments where the number of people 1k +, for luck should be calculated)) Cold calculation, professionalism is all certainly taken into account, but without luck you do not get to the final table

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from cash games just lost a lot of money....cash games suck if there are no fish or donkeys.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a certain luck, the tournament can give a significant profit. The amount that you will collect a month or more for cash tables ...

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must know your opponents. to Analyze situations of game and to select the right solutions. and of course you need luck for the victory. so i think that main skills of pokerist are analysis and patience

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's true, luck influences ... like in any sport. However, you can have consistent results in tournaments if you have a strong head, patience and winning mentality. You will see that luck will also be days that will play on your side and everything will be much easier

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that luck plays a little role but a big role in tournaments plays your stay in the area.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in MTT it is much more important to have skill and patience than good luck! a competent player will have a good result at a distance even if luck is not on his side!

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you really need bankroll for tournaments they are extremly hard even when you play 0.1 buy in or 500$

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from my experience tournaments are really more payable than cache games. However, it is necessary to have a lot of patience and moral stability, because one mistake can ruin the efforts of 5 hours of play

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, luck is the key to victory. But, as they say, you rely on God, but all the same you do everything yourself. Do not play hoping for luck. Your skill above all.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, luck is the key to victory. But, as they say, you rely on God, but all the same you do everything yourself. Do not play hoping for luck. Your skill above all.

True without luck in our life is very difficult... But tournament poker is more loyal to bankroll and therefore it is easier to check your luck and gain experience for a beginner

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT tournaments of 180 players is a good size to get experience in tournament play and try to get into the money. In PS you can start as low as 25cts and gradually build upto high stakes,

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT can destroy or make your character very strong if you will be able to accept bad streaks with calmness.

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really profitable to win a tournament or getting the final three positions. Skill is better than luck, sometimes that "luck" is because in poker and in life there is a chance that some things are not going as you think they will. And some other times you just make bad decisions, some guys calls all in a early stage having 77, then table goes QQJJ3 and lost because a lower kicker, always have to think over and over, there are live poker tournaments that show how pro players have fold a full house because they were down.
Skill to know how to play and when you should make your moves.

Sorry for my English

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments your victory depends on good luck much more, than in an ordinary game. Everyone to himself to taste chooses a kind of poker, and the good result depends by no means not only on good luck. I so think.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure luck plays a factor but when there are so many multi-bracelet winners I'd disagree. Phil H. has 14, Brunson, Johnny Chan and Ivey all have 10 bracelets each. Skill definitely played a major part in winning those bracelets.

If you factor in main event wins, it's even more dramatic. Doyle Brunson (2), Johnny Chan (2), Johnny Moss (3). That's 7 of 46 main bracelets won by 3 people.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play the tournament is very good and interesting and you can decently win money, but you need a lot of patience and good ability to play poker in tournaments and of course luck is also, well if you are not very good at playing, then it's better to play in freerolls and get good results and learn, and then start playing good expensive tournaments with an excellent prize pool!

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are my gravy. I really enjoy them, and I like to think about them while not playing and come up with strategies.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to have luck that day when you play in tournaments .without it there is no sense in the game

Guii_LF

Guii_LF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

It's true, luck influences ... like in any sport. However, you can have consistent results in tournaments if you have a strong head, patience and winning mentality. You will see that luck will also be days that will play on your side and everything will be much easier