Poker Situations

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi guys! I want to put a situation regarding poker here very nice.

If you are playing an MTT online with an entry of $ 5,000.00 and you enter with a marginal hand of 9 ♦ 6 ♦ against a good player. Folop turns Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ and the villain bets 85% of the pot. You raise and the villain tributes you and you call and the turn turns 8 ♠ and the villain makes a bet of 75% of the pot, so the mesta is this way ... Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ 8 ♠ and you of the call. River turns 10 ♦ and the cross is like this Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ 8 ♠ 10 ♦ and the villain of chek and what do you do? Bet or check ?. Within a week I reveal the opponent's hand.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet of course !! Don't need thinking ..but not go all in it's risky cos he maybe have foul house ....!!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you are playing an MTT online with an entry of $ 5,000.00 and you enter with a marginal hand of 9 ♦ 6 ♦ against a good player. Folop turns Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ and the villain bets 85% of the pot. You raise and the villain tributes you and you call and the turn turns 8 ♠ and the villain makes a bet of 75% of the pot, so the mesta is this way ... Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ 8 ♠ and you of the call. River turns 10 ♦ and the cross is like this Q ♦ 10 ♣ 5 ♦ 8 ♠ 10 ♦ and the villain of chek and what do you do? Bet or check ?. Within a week I reveal the opponent's hand.

Thank U 4 posting

Why are we playing such a weak ev hand vs a good player heads up. If the player is good we do not want to put ourselves into difficult spots. As we saw here this player made us pay the max for our draw and our draw may not even be good on the river the V could have a full house not likely when they check, or a better flush KdJd plays exactly like this in the hands of a good player.

The problem with a good player is if the good player believes you will bet that river they will check QQ. They will also check KdJd some times stack size dependent.

Hope this helps
:):)

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's see what the guys will answer and in a few days I will tell the hand that the villain was playing. The question of why playing with a marginal hand against a good villain is that everything in the pre-flop was playing in position on the button and did not imagine that the villain would enter the hand.

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have already called all-in :D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You got the flush and the question is if the opponent has a better hand, better flush or a full house! You bet and see!:2in1:

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So guys ... You have to keep in mind two things, first we are playing against a good player due to information, second is an MTT with a $ 5,000.00 entry. And the villain's hand was a QQ. So he was winning me and it is logical that even with flush I should check.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You absolutely check. You have a week flush that I would have never entered the pot with anyway because I'm assuming that a good player raised preflop with QQ so why did I call the raise. Then he 3bet you after the flop that would tell me he is either playing a strong hand or he is drawing to the flush also. On the river if you bet who is going to call you, ony hands that have you beat and what if he raises you on the river then what do you do? I would have checked the river also hoping you hit and overvalue your flush.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
so, to start with, I never entered the hand with a card that is so common at the beginning of tournaments and a lot of bad entry expects a good hand and continues in your game. or you're running to your tournament in a matter of minutes, getting involved with a marginal hand wanting a draw and strigth drill!

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You absolutely check. You have a week flush that I would have never entered the pot with anyway because I'm assuming that a good player raised preflop with QQ so why did I call the raise. Then he 3bet you after the flop that would tell me he is either playing a strong hand or he is drawing to the flush also. On the river if you bet who is going to call you, ony hands that have you beat and what if he raises you on the river then what do you do? I would have checked the river also hoping you hit and overvalue your flush.

So ... On the river he passed and so did I and then I saw that he was punctuated what I already imagined. I could never bet on the river with the cards that were on the table and situation even though I had a flush. GL

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, to start with, I never entered the hand with a card that is so common at the beginning of tournaments and a lot of bad entry expects a good hand and continues in your game. or you're running to your tournament in a matter of minutes, getting involved with a marginal hand wanting a draw and strigth drill!

There are situations and situations in poker, you can't always wait for good hands like AA - KK - QQ - JJ - 99 - AKs - AQs - AJs etc ... Have you never seen a professional pro player playing with marginal hands depending on the situation?

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

There are situations and situations in poker, you can't always wait for good hands like AA - KK - QQ - JJ - 99 - AKs - AQs - AJs etc ... Have you never seen a professional pro player playing with marginal hands depending on the situation?
yes I saw many players with marginal hands more so that they usually defend blids by checking and sometimes hits and sometimes not. I am not going to say that I never play with marginal hands, but it depends on such situations as the beginning of the tournament I would already play with marginal hands!

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want more information. What are the positions. What a stage. I will use my rich imagination. A player with a marginal hand must have a reputation as an aggressive player. If the player is really good then it seems to me that if he has nothing he will not play so aggressively against the opponent who will most likely call him until the end of the rally. He decided to trap a player with a marginal hand who could play in the previous hands very loose. He entered the rally with a strong hand through limp. It seems to me that he was in a position for an aggressive player. The rest dropped their hands. He has AA KK AQ QQ.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want more information. What are the positions. What a stage. I will use my rich imagination. A player with a marginal hand must have a reputation as an aggressive player. If the player is really good then it seems to me that if he has nothing he will not play so aggressively against the opponent who will most likely call him until the end of the rally. He decided to trap a player with a marginal hand who could play in the previous hands very loose. He entered the rally with a strong hand through limp. It seems to me that he was in a position for an aggressive player. The rest dropped their hands. He has AA KK AQ QQ.

It was a $5,000 entry tournament where I'm aide winning on a satellite. I came in with a marginal hand trying to bluff. I had information that this player was regular and good. The hand information is below.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think there is a full house or senior flush judging by the dynamics of the game.
Check :)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey Crash Burn,
You really did not provide the most important information about that hand. Your and his position, was it raised preflop or not ? It's hard to believe that a "good" player would enter a pot by limping with QQ, so if he had raised, that would've meant that you've called a raise with a speculative hand (Not marginal) out of position against a known good player according to you. Something smells fishy there. Anyway, after the hand has been played, closing the action by checking was the best play there.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal of such a weak hand is to collect the flash and not pay for it dearly. Of course, drawing such a hand is a dubious decision in itself, and calls are not based on chances. There is only a check on the river after such an action in the hand, since even the flush is only a dead hand. I think I needed a fold on the flop bet.:rolleyes:

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is a full house or senior flush judging by the dynamics of the game.
Check :)

Hey Crash Burn,
You really did not provide the most important information about that hand. Your and his position, was it raised preflop or not ? It's hard to believe that a "good" player would enter a pot by limping with QQ, so if he had raised, that would've meant that you've called a raise with a speculative hand (Not marginal) out of position against a known good player according to you. Something smells fishy there. Anyway, after the hand has been played, closing the action by checking was the best play there.

The goal of such a weak hand is to collect the flash and not pay for it dearly. Of course, drawing such a hand is a dubious decision in itself, and calls are not based on chances. There is only a check on the river after such an action in the hand, since even the flush is only a dead hand. I think I needed a fold on the flop bet.:rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to let go of strong hands because you're just losing by even stronger hands.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend, i would play table behind his action.
you even have a sd value, but I prefer to play controlling the pot.
remember that your opponent is a good player and he could put you in a bad situation.

J

joaocarnica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I check, because I don't have a considerable hand, I prefer to defend my chips. but this is if the opponent is someone who doesn't bluff a lot.
if only I had a golden A to form a flush I could even raise