pocket 88 bubble

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero (BB): 11.08 BB
BTN: 20.54 BB (VPIP: 54.6, PFR: 21.2, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 86)
SB: 13.1 BB (VPIP: 27.89, PFR: 6.22, 3Bet Preflop: 10.35, Hands: 86)

3 players post ante of 0.14 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop:(pot: 1.88 BB)Hero has 8-8

BTN raises to 3.88 BB, fold??

imo I prefer to shove in this spot but I don't know if is the best move because of the bubble and my stack is so close to the SB stack

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how much pays out to cash. Probably see a flop as cheap as possible, and be ready to fold. Or go all in!!

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im reading this correctly the hero has 11BB left, which means that you are currently looking for a double up.
At this stage you are all in or nothing, you shouldnt be min raising as if you are re raised you can not fold as your already pot committed,

yes you are at the bubble, but a min pay is your buy in back so if you do let 8-8 slide i would say it is prety foolish.
anyhow the hand as played, the Button raises, and he has 20+BB, if he loses a flip he is at risk as he will be down to 10BB and needing a double up himself
now the raise itself is prety straight forward although a lil bit bigger and i think he commits himself at this stage, but his range is going to be HUGE so 8-8 is your best bet to reshove and make him access whether he wants to gamble half his stack for whatever his hand is,
you will lose more on the bubble with this approach, but it is my belief that 50% of the time you will be racing, and a fraction of the time he was just trying to steal and you get free chips.

but let this slide the blinds will soon go up some more and you will be down to 5BB in no time, at this point you may have min cashed but you need to double up on races multiple times and are severely risking your ability to come back and final table which is the main goal for these tournaments