PLO H/L SNGs (Turbo, 6 handed)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These games used to be my bread and butter ($3 - $15 range), back on the Revolution network about 10 years ago, lol.

I wonder if anyone has any experience/success with this format nowadays. I've played a very small number of them (6) and have played "well", but the blinds go up so fast it is tough to find a spot to take advantage of the weak play of my opponents. Players tend to limp A LOT and play poorly, but I'm not finding any results yet in these games (-100% ROI!). I'm killing the NLHE 9 mans and 6 mans, so maybe I should just exclude playing PLO H/L for now.

I'm not sure. :D

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, just played another PLO H/L SNG today and won. 1 win, and 6 non cashes = ~ -46% ROI.

With the SNG volume as low as it is on BetOnline, I think the moral of the story is to get good at all the games and play what fills up. :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play omaha hi/lo tournaments, which is much better than sng. Now there are many omaha hi/lo tournaments on many platforms, for every taste, slow,turbo, knockout. Of course, this requires time, at least 5 hours, depending on the number of players.
I play on pokerstars, there are a lot of omaha hi/lo tournaments for every taste, for any bankroll.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play omaha hi/lo tournaments, which is much better than sng. Now there are many omaha hi/lo tournaments on many platforms, for every taste, slow,turbo, knockout. Of course, this requires time, at least 5 hours, depending on the number of players.
I play on PokerStars, there are a lot of omaha hi/lo tournaments for every taste, for any bankroll.

Thanks for the info.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Six games is to small sample to have some stats for your ROI. You said you’re opponents play poorly, but you still lose. Try to adjust your game and exploit their weaknesses, find spots where you can push, and of course play in position

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Six games is to small sample to have some stats for your ROI. You said you’re opponents play poorly, but you still lose. Try to adjust your game and exploit their weaknesses, find spots where you can push, and of course play in position

Thank you, solid advice.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands