Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Playing above as well tournaments but I noticed that in a lot of situations I was too aggressive. How to deal with this aggression and all learn over time?:fight:

cyrilflorendooo

cyrilflorendooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's how I play when I was new on pokerstars. but now all I do is be patient, being aggressive early is the worst idea

cyrilflorendooo

cyrilflorendooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides noone wins in the early stage so you should lower down your pride and fold premium hands if you missed, being careful is the best idea

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a problem for many players both online and in live poker. My aggression usually appears after I lose the hand and a lot of chips in this hand. After that, I try to calm myself and the next hands do not enter the game, because of the emotions I can lose even more. You need to find a way to help you calm your emotions, so that you are always in a relaxed state.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am the opposite, not aggressive enough. I am going to follow this and see if I can learn as well.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am the opposite, not aggressive enough. I am going to follow this and see if I can learn as well.
I notice that when another player loose big or especial has a bad beat they will go all in out of shear frustration. If I have a hand I will call and it usually works.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and the time before that try to play tight early!

:fight:

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your aggression is based on lack of patience. Make the final decision and always try to be a patient player.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agression is not the problem...it's the frequency with which you make aggressive moves. Playing a TAG game with occasional aggression forces your opponents to respect your aggression as the result of a strong hand. Make too may aggressive plays too often and your opponents will adjust and play to trap you. I suspect you have already found this out.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem, slowly getting out of it

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take care with too much agreession.Sometimes you can crush with a truck= :as4: :ad4:

Last edited:
J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends of the players you are up against.For example you are always too aggressive in cc tournament no matter if you play against tight or loose player and that is costing you big.Evaluation is the key word for you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is no easy way to make sure you are not to aggressive. What you should do is look at the flop and ask yourself if they way this flop looks match the hands you play. There are so many time I have seen say a very tight player raise and start betting like mad on a 223 rainbow flop or someone re-raises this flop like it hits them. Just make sure that it makes sense that you are betting and always remember you should miss the flop more than hitting it.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I think that to be agreesive in the early stages is a good play. Then limp and at
the buble be agressive again
Rgds

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing above as well tournaments but I noticed that in a lot of situations I was too aggressive. How to deal with this aggression and all learn over time?:fight:
How familiar, you want more and more and more and more. Lear to control yourself somehow. I guess - You know how to deal with aggression. One option not to play.:icon_chee

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think playing really aggressive is fine, but Maybe you should adjust your Aggression to your stack size.
For exampole in the early stage when you have 50+bb or even 100+bb it's fine to Play a bit more passive.
there is no Need to build a large pot early on with only top pair or even bluff 3 streets

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i found my self playing to aggressively in poker and end beating my self. i getting better on laying back and picking my spots to play

stevecambog

stevecambog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think depence but u can win with a good hand all in pre flop

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not understand such people! in a game where there is so much risk, they create even more problems for themselves!:cool:

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Aggression is good. Unless you play against a player what himself is over-aggressive and you can trap him by check-calling him for example.

But almost all the biggest winners play either TAG-style or LAG-style and the AG is of course short for AGGRESSION.

A tight passive player and a nit can also be winning but not as much. I myself often play pretty tight PF and switch between being passive and aggressive depending on what type of player I'm up against.

The thing what you maybe do incorrect is being overly aggressive against the wrong type of player. As the saying goes: never bluff a calling station.

You maybe also bet to often with a weak range/bad cards. If you bluff to often or bet to much with a bad hand you get called by better when other players notice.

To bet hard and much with your best hands is seldom wrong. Check with your medium hands. And either bluff or give up with the hands that are worse than your check hands. Non premium draws can be hard since sometimes you can semi-bluff profitably against tight players but against calling stations it is often better to take a card if you have chance to do so for free.

So smart aggression with good range gives you to ways to win. They can call with worse or they fold. Just don't overdo it with too many bad hands against players what don't over-fold.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i play aggresive when the bubble come i attack medium stack size players ( 15bb or less ) those guys will probably play really tight trying to ensure a place in the money so i take advantage on those spots

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been my problem for a while as well, i raised too much and bluffed too much. I think that if you are an agressive player like me the best appraoch is to play very limmited hand that are very strong and in position, the. Your chances od winning is much higher and you can continue to play agressively. But if you want to change tou agressiveness then you should play with a wider range of hands and try to connect with suited connectors alot. But its all about practice and getting use to the new formula of playing.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Patience is the key, we all go through that at some point, but after some time you realize that those who play with that style are more predictable and easy to beat

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression is part of the game, you just need to play with a cold head:cool:

M

myszek89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think aggressive play is good when you use it according to your tactics. That is, you use it depending on what you have in your hand and depending on your opponent.
When your aggression results from losing your previous hand, then you can expect more losses.