Playing multiple tables

K

KielBasaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a good way to play multiple tables? I usually only play one table at a time, but it seems that when I try to play two or three tables at a time it gets cluttersome and I can't end up focusing on each individual hand as much as I should. I also will play something like a MTT tournament and a sit n go at the same time so maybe that plays a part. Curious how you guys keep track of so many tables tho

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You have to play a comfortable number of tables for yourself. When you feel confident, you can add a number of tables.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree its hard to focus on many games at one time. Its also frustrating playing with someone who is not paying attention and lets time always run out.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel comfortable playing in two tables at the same time, with three I already played a bit and four is already very difficult

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning its hard to focus,but after you get used to it its really funnier to play 3-4 tables at the same time,action all the time and if you bust at one tourmanet you still have few left

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually if I play 3-4 tables I play better I think. True I do not log players habits as much but I am not playing big money so if I make a decision I do not have the luxury of over thinking

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play around 3 tables at once. I throw away most cards pre flop and only play the good ones so my focus is not divided too much. Every now and then I get 2 good ones at a time and it gets tricky but I manage.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you play tables with 6 players should play with 4 tables, and if you play tables with 9 players can play 5 or 5 tables at the same time.
At first maybe it costs you a little, but eventually you get used to play multiple tables at the same time, GL.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
to play multi-tables you must have a lot of patience and concentration, if you are not 100% you run the risk of losing all the tables, I think you should go testing a limit, start playing 2 tournaments or 2 tables at the same time, if it works add a 3rd and so you go, everything goes in that you go practicing and you get used to it, now if you do not feel comfortable or you get distracted a lot the best thing is that you do not risk unnecessarily

J

j t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just have them all sized down on your screen and don’t play high buy in ones.

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's really difficult to play many MTT tables, I do not open more than 3-4 tables at a time

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First try to build a solid game, only after you start to put volume on the tables

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing several tables, you increase the distance, that is, the number of hands or tournaments played, and thus you will be faster in profit (with the correct game), but this needs to be studied and practiced

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice, practice, practice.
Advice to myself after multi-tableing for years is your first instinct is usually your best so making quick decisions generally works well. However, recognizing the trickier decision becomes very important and slowing down a tic for the more complex situation becomes vital.
Pick your moments. Not all decisions while multi-tableing will be life or death. Just a handful, thank goodness.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My brother used to play 20+ tables of mtt's and sng's when he was really into poker.
Like anything else in life, it's just practise.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel comfortable with no more than 4 tables ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easiest way is to play one format of games, start one tourney wait a few minutes, start another, then wait and start another. If you stagger the games you will be in different stages of the tourneys and you can focus more on the tourney that needs attention. Then when you get knocked out of one just start another - lather rinse repeat.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just start with playing two tables at the time. And then you can start building tables. But remember, do not start all the tournaments at once. If you do that and make some deep runs, you will have many deep runs tables at one time. And that you don’t want.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid More than you can handle

If you find yourself distracted and making poor decisions while multi tabling then you need to cut down the number of tables you might be at in order to really play at the level in which you can succeed.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is difficult to play a table 2 or 3 at the same time it becomes almost impossible to read the players at the table paying attention to 2 or 3 tables I think to play 2 or 3 tables would be spin of pokerstars that are fast games without much analysis
:p

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its too hard to manage a multi table. You must make a quick decision, and also you cant study well your opponent play on each table. I think 2 table is enough, easy to handle. But I salute those who played multi table and still make good run and profit.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
not everyone has that ability to play many tables at the same time, I can play 4 to 5 tournaments at the same time, but it depends on each tournament, sometimes even less so I say of the tournaments, if they are very fast game 2 or 3 and it depends on my mood

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more you play the easier it will be to multi-table - however in the binning I would stick to two tables max.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can only play 2 tables at a time. Thanks for the advice on how to play 3-4 tables at once. I will try to move up to 3 tables at once.

F

fievr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a good way to play multiple tables? I usually only play one table at a time, but it seems that when I try to play two or three tables at a time it gets cluttersome and I can't end up focusing on each individual hand as much as I should. I also will play something like a MTT tournament and a sit n go at the same time so maybe that plays a part. Curious how you guys keep track of so many tables tho

No matter how many tables you have open, that does not assure you a greater benefit, it is better to open the number of tables where you can be as focused as possible, you can also use support programs such as pt4, it is also not good to mix, it is preferable to play a single modality