Playing from blinds

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am relatively certain I have a massive leak playing from the blinds. I think my hand selection is far too wide when either calling or 3 betting. I think I should be narrowing my range for both. What does your range look like playing from the blinds?

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many things you should consider when you want to play from the blinds:
First thing is how good is your hand for Defending the blinds
Second you should specify who opened and what is his play style you never want to be out of position against a tight player with 78s

this two factor are most important for me, the other things you should be aware are these: how deep is your stack, how many players are in the pot, how is your table image and etc,

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many things you should consider when you want to play from the blinds:
First thing is how good is your hand for Defending the blinds
Second you should specify who opened and what is his play style you never want to be out of position against a tight player with 78s

this two factor are most important for me, the other things you should be aware are these: how deep is your stack, how many players are in the pot, how is your table image and etc,

Appreciate the response, but I am looking to see what kinds of hand ranges people call from the blinds.

This isn't a specific hand history of defending against a certain position or type of player. It is more generic about what ranges of hands should be used profitably from the blinds.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This video helped me alot.

I usually defend my blinds unless is too expensive

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My blind defense range is very limited, and I am often prone to having my blinds stolen

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Appreciate the response, but I am looking to see what kinds of hand ranges people call from the blinds.

This isn't a specific hand history of defending against a certain position or type of player. It is more generic about what ranges of hands should be used profitably from the blinds.

I made two ranges for you that you can use against normal players with normal stack:

flat calling range

3 bet range

But obviously you can't play like this and you'll be in many situation that this ranges won't work
It's better to have a disciplined range by experiencing

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I protect blinds with great frequency, all suit connectors and make 3 bet. for protection.