playing all hands in a tournament

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I have a question for each of you that view this post, and the question is: in a tournament play most hands reach at least guaranteed positions prize?

In my opinion yes, but what do you think?

Thank you for your attention and thank for your answers

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I have a question for each of you that view this post, and the question is: in a tournament play most hands reach at least guaranteed positions prize?

I'm pretty sure that's why 5,000 - 10,000 players bust out of the Sunday Storm in the first hour, followed by another 5,000 - 10,000 during the next couple of hours.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha, maybe, but when you have a very high accumulated, after having won a few hands, and you are in the first places, you would recommend just only playing strong combinations or playing all hands??
I have gone further playing all the hands, than reserving myself for the strongest combinations, and you???

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play all hands , even in freerolls. However in freerolls I open up my range to oddball hands because they seem to hit more. Live poker I will not vary my range at all

you are in the right its that what i talking about, seems like weak hands have many more possibilities to win

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are in the right its that what i talking about, seems like weak hands have many more possibilities to win

exactly , especially later on the tournament , when people start jamming for blinds and theres multiple callers , If I have the chips to call (with a decent amount left over) Ill give the good ol 78 offsuit a whirl because the 4 all ins are usually holding each others outs

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands is a huge leak, your gonna find yourself out of position with random pair weak kicker situations. Any decent players will exploit this and put you in terrible spots for your mtt life. Tighten up your range in ep. If you must see alot of flops, try and do it in position atleast.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly , especially later on the tournament , when people start jamming for blinds and theres multiple callers , If I have the chips to call (with a decent amount left over) Ill give the good ol 78 offsuit a whirl because the 4 all ins are usually holding each others outs

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]is right, and the truth to achieve a good accumulated chips, allows you to play better, with more peace of mind that not so easily you will be eliminated unless in all the moves you decide to go all in :D:D:D[/COLOR]​

thanks for your opinion

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands is a huge leak, your gonna find yourself out of position with random pair weak kicker situations. Any decent players will exploit this and put you in terrible spots for your mtt life. Tighten up your range in ep. If you must see alot of flops, try and do it in position atleast.

but i try to play only hands in position, but usually
I dont go well, talking about tournaments​

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not in your best interest to play all hands in a tournament you’ll likely get knocked out early. The only times i’ll play weaker hands is in small and big blind positions.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, really play all the hands since the beginning of a tournament guarantees your elimination of it and quickly, it just does not work otherwise you must seek to play at the beginning the strongest hands so you can be ITM in a tournament

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say first accumulate chips with strong hands and then when you have considerable lead in chips the risk with calling every hand

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t like to play varios hands.I prefer play tight and play push or fold mode.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the start you should play with good hands. When you have big stack or you are chip leader you can play more hands.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please do continue to play like that when in tournaments that I am also in. Free chips are always good. Seriously though, surely some players tend to play more hands then others, but to say that playing all hands you are guaranteed to make money is ridiculous. If anything, you are more likely not to win anything.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play all hands in the tournament can only be when the table all the players in the sitout)))

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What do you mean "play all hands"?

Limp call any bet?

In my opinion that is crazy play. Sometimes it works for a little while but usually the player that plays "all hands" is out early.

Good luck !

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion. DO NOT. Playing every hand does not guarantee prize. Run more risk than normal, it indicates that if there is a player with a good hand fishing leaves you out. Now it is true that when you have many chips you usually for profit but just should not play every hand. Sooner or later you fish ...

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds are that you drop a hand to play (1/3) every three spread. There are times when being aggressive followed several juagas but do not always fall hands that can be played. We should also mention that if there is another on your table the same principle in less than a full round your theory is refuted. As one of the two left out ... I think that

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In certain freerolls maybe mix junk hands in. The freebuy sat. tournaments on 888 seem to reward that kind of play. I quit playing them because it makes you lose sight of how to play in real tournaments. Rewarded for bad play only causes you to make those same plays in a real tournament especially regular freerolls. Play your best smart game all the time and you will become a winner over time

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing a poor hand has a chance to remain without money,if you think about it -your right.everything always depends on the stage of the tournament,and the players at the table,and the fact that you sometimes win with a bad hand can only be called a lucky chance and nothing else.people learn to play for years, looking for a game and they do not need accidents!good luck!

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL early in the tournament you might be able to get away with this type of play when the blinds are low you may be able to sneak in a hand with crap and gain a massive chip stack
but when the blinds start to climb and antes come into play you better switch gears and play your cards right or you'll get wiped off the face of the earth playing like an idiot. Later in the tournament you better be holding the good when they look you up because they will be shoving on you often. With pairs and AQ AK+ so you better be playing with the goods or something like the goods.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands