playing AK when the board had two aces in the previous hand

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well while playing a online tournament(on pokerstars) a hand was dealt on which it had two aces on board(BTW I was not in the hand, folded pre-flop ). and the immediate next hand that I got was AKos that too on dealer. on this particular hand there was only one raiser in MP. I 3-bet, he shoves and I call. he had pocket JJ and no ace or king on the board, got out of the tournament. so my question is that, does the cards on board on the previous hand should influence your decision???

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Altho some might tend to think that having the board paired or tripple up on the board might suggest that the cards wont play next hand, it doesnt work so. Its not blackjack where future cards are influence by what came before. In poker its random so sometimes the same cards can come in multiple hands back to back, or they wont come at all for some periods, but it is random so dont study it like that. AK is a strong hand no matter what, and should be played with strength. I agree with your decision, it was a +ev decision and in the long run you would profit from such like decisions. So unlucky this time around but keep making those type of decisions, gl to you sir

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty sure it is all random. I did get AA three times in a row though during a cash game, but it is still random.

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is random but from probability perspective it might be diffrent

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a word, No.
Consider it a Reboot at the end of every hand.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a classic case of gambler's fallacy. You think the outcome of the previous hand can have an effect on the current hand or next X hands. It does not and it can not. Even if quad aces had dropped on the board that doesn't mean they're more or less likely to come out in the next hand. The odds of an A or K coming out are exactly the same as they were before.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty sure it is all random. I did get AA three times in a row though during a cash game, but it is still random.

holy shit dude, did you double every time!!! :smile:

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well while playing a online tournament(on pokerstars) a hand was dealt on which it had two aces on board(BTW I was not in the hand, folded pre-flop ). and the immediate next hand that I got was AKos that too on dealer. on this particular hand there was only one raiser in MP. I 3-bet, he shoves and I call. he had pocket JJ and no ace or king on the board, got out of the tournament. so my question is that, does the cards on board on the previous hand should influence your decision???

You sir, seem REALLY confused about how odds work. No previous cards don't make future cards more/less likely, this ain't pontoon.

you're probably young and/or very new to games of chance so you have plenty of time to learn these things just don't go depositing your life savings anytime soon, ya hear?

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you just lost a flip, it doesn't have anything to do with previous hand.

nyteowl352

nyteowl352

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each hands odds are independant of previous hands, or how they played out.

E

edgroo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flopped quad A's with me holding A'ses. Then next had was dealt AK os and flopped trip A's. So I do believe its just luck.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone tell me how can I create new topic ? please

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previous boards should have no affect at all. Live tournaments there is a physical shuffle. Online is an algorithmic procedure. The question always remains is it tweaked towards a player. You really can't see an algorithm at work, someone Might show you the code, but good luck with any of that. Unfortunately online randomness will always be questioned until it is legalized and regulated.

O

omgdontcall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All should be random, it's just coincidental that As showed up on previous boards. Don't let such things affect your decision making.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not trust anyone.funny story

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You start from the theory of probability), but in fact, what cards may go out on the board at this moment previous hand does not have the slightest relation. The same is what pocket cards will you get.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every hand is random, the previous hand has no effect on the next hand.

prox

prox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK - Anna Kournikova- Looks great, but does not always win.

I always play with premium hands in this situation.
AA or KK, although they win only 80%

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you all for replies and suggestion... i just posted this thread ,as in online game the cards are drawn using an algorithm right, and the algorithm is made up so that it is very much random.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No always AK is the winner hand after an A or K come down in the last hand, remember this game is base in probabilities. Sometimes you need to be patient an see how the flop goes in the table, because in times it is with and ace frecuently or a K, but is often too view a dry flop. Just play with a real good hand but even AA and KK can be a loser hand many times almost 25% or 20%.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there is something wrong? :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the psychological mistakes of poker players is "vision patterns". People tend to see patterns where they do not really exist. In poker, you can overcome the patterned thinking by calculating odds. This shifts your thinking from instinctive and the emotional to the logical.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands