Playing a $109 buy-in $250K GTD tourney this weekend!

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey All,

I've recently been doing well at lower stakes tournaments and have declared myself worthy of the main event at Betonline. It is a $250K GTD tournament with a $109 buy in. It will likely have around 2500 entrants (last weekend they had a 200K GTD with a bit over 2000 entrants)..

Anyway! I've told myself that I will limit myself to one buy in only. So I really wanna make it count. I consider myself pretty good at MTT play, but here is my question: Can you guys recommend some quick things to study up on to improve my game even more between now and this Sunday?

Of course I know I will need a fair amount of luck to get anywhere in this tournament, but I'd hate to have the luck only to make a fatal mistake due to a skill issue.

Please advise! And wish me luck. If anyone else is playing, let me know! My screenname is Ecolando.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good luck and have fun!

I don't have any particular advice (or a place to give it :D), just don't level up the importance of this given tournament and make yourself feel like you have to perform. Just relax and play your game, as you have said you've been doing well in lower buyins mtts. So you must know what are you doing. I don't think changing your game short term for a specific tournament is a good idea, as it will only put more pressure on you to execute this new knowledge and will get you into unknown spots and situations. Just play your game and try to adjust it to the players you'll be playing against if you see the difference from your usual opponents.

Again, best of luck to you! :)

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be more 3 barrel bluffs at higher levels but you also have to watch for value betting, it may look like a 3 barrel bluff but can really hurt your stack if you dont pay attention to people at your table

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How was the tournament? Were there many weak players? How do you think about Betonline?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You didn't get much response because this was posted in the wrong forum. :)

Let us know how you did and if you have any questions about playing in these tournaments.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings!) Uhh, it will be hot for you) I hope you are lucky in this fight) Good luck! :) :) :) Well?) Played this tournament?)