Players sitting out

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes there are a lot of absent players at the poker table.It is very inconvenient to play at such a table.I don't see why register if not going to play.Understand the players missing for a good reason.But in games with early registration is sometimes missing half.How do you feel about that?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I feel really good about that, easy to raise and steal their blinds.
:)

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes there are a lot of absent players at the poker table.It is very inconvenient to play at such a table.I don't see why register if not going to play.Understand the players missing for a good reason.But in games with early registration is sometimes missing half.How do you feel about that?

This is actually advantageous in your favor OP. The less players active at a table the more you can raise pots. This also increases the prize payout number.

Here is a situation: Imagine the player to your left is the one in "sitting out" status. Every time it gets folded to you regardless of what you have, you can actually raise and take down the pot and chip up through the blinds. Beware however, players (like myself and others) will realize this very quickly and play back! I would suggest re popping with all ins so they respect your raise a bit more too :)

The reason most people are in "sitting out" status is because they register early on and then log off and forget about the tourney. This happens mainly in freerolls and micro stakes but definitely does not happen in larger staked games.

If you really wanna take a good shot and play a serious tourney I suggest trying a 1 dollar buy in or a 2 dollar buy in tournament. Some players are still a bit careless but definitely some good action.

Cheers

:pcguru:

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take their chips what is the problem? I can't get it. If I see such a situation I am always glad.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people are because they have complicated routines and although they want to play the day was comic and they are absent in my case it is my internet that is deplorable lately;)

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For whatever reason players sit out , I take advantage and just keep taking their chips.
Ya it is boring sometimes , and the worst is poker sites that make you play against these sitters when they go allin finally , and they win !! Because their hands are not folded ... so sometimes it takes a few hands with them going allin when the blinds hit and you now need to just hope your hand is better.
To me - that is poor software to have to play against them when they have been sitting out the whole time.

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with Dino, nothing we can do about it, so raise and take their blinds.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play in free freerolls before going to bed, sometimes I would fall asleep. The tournament without early registration did not meet.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it when there are lots of sitters because they dont win a lot of pots. If they should happen to win a pot in the big blind then this means someone isnt paying much attention and you can take notice of that and take advantage.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missing players

Missing players are good, because they can not raise me.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I welcome them with open arms...but they are not there...so I steal as many blinds as possible.I won a $3.30 bounty builder entry a couple of nights ago with intentions of unregistering for the tournament dollars.then I decided I would rest my eyes for a bit then play the tourney.I rested more than my eyes very well indeed and am sure whoever got my bounty didn't mind me sitting out lol.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually this happens in freerolls or micro games because you can't loose serious amount of money even if you don't play. Except the obvious reasons like internet drop or sudden urgent job that needs to be done there are other circumstances which may force person to be sit out in the beginning. For example when the old league in pokerstars had freeroll at 20:00 local time i regularly registered for it despite the fact that my shift finishes at the same time and i also need around 30 minutes to go home. I had calculated that for 30 minutes i will still have enough chips left and also most of the "all in with every card" type players will be gone so i can in fact start playing and have chance to win something. In such low buyin tournaments/freerolls people like to register no matter if they will be able to play or not and it is not illegal to do so. As mentioned you can easily steal blinds from them and use that in your favor.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a business man and just want to profit is perfect. I love it when it happens. Time to steal the blinds, even if it's a table where half the players are not here. It has happened to enter a spingo and the opponents to be absent, bring the dollars!

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is fine when it happens. I remember one time when i was at the first table alone with sitouters. :icon_king

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it's also interesting that you sometimes can get a chip lead early and then just afk and eventually make it to ITM by autofolding each hand, when if you played you had a chance of losing everything before you made it to ITM. must not be worth it in the long run since you can't make it win that way but it is interesting.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I like the absent players, more for me, better than the bullys or all inners are more annoying

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people register and hope they cash by sitting out. Especially on sites like 888 where your hand is live when you are sitting out. I often do this with their $20 Snap tournament. It starts after I go to bed and when I get up I usually cash for 1-2 cents.

Not sure why you would do this if you paid but freerolls I can understand. If they are at your table, take their blinds and say thank you.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are tournaments where this is often the casebut only in freerolls where the prize is very small. I do not know what your problem is, just steal the blinds. It's a pretty big chaos on these tournaments, that's just a little help.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you just have to sit-out for some reason. Maybe you just need to do some other things, or, for example, you can have connection problems. Some times you can register for the tournament, but in that time you want to go to sleep so hard, that you just fall asleep.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great when there are no registered players at your table. You can safely increase your stack.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take their blinds, and be thankful to them

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free blinds...but be careful if raising out of position to snag those free blinds... :)

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they're sitting out, isn't it easier to win? Less people to play against means better odds. You can take their blinds if they're not there right?
You're gonna see sitouts in games that have registration open hours and days before the game actually starts. People think they can play but something comes up for them.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just me at a table and nobody calling?

That might be the only way I can win!

Accumulate as many chips as you can!

Good luck !

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take advantage of a spot like this. Especially if the inactive player is in the big blind you can just raise and take it from them. Also look out for others trying to steal blinds. The active players may raise light and you can three bet them and steal from them as well.