TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've started to see this strategy more and more in the freerolls and micro stake mtt's. A person will open or 3bet preflop and then on the flop they will fire out a min bet, get 3-4 callers, then fire out another min bet on the turn, get another couple calls and then on the river they may pot size bet or another min bet. I notice most of the time if they min bet all 3 streets they will showdown with bottom pair maybe second pair, and if they have top pair or better they fire a pot size bet on the river. When I see the min bet I take it as weakness and if I have tp or better I 3bet them on each street and they a lot of the time call my 3 bet and then lead out a min bet on the next street.

Sometimes I get trapped and they have something strong and do this min bet stuff, but 8 out of 10 times its a weak pair or top pair weak kicker. I mean its absurd to bet 20 into a pot of 1200+

Has anyone else run into this?

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would tend to agree that if someone is not escalating their bet on every street it is a sign of weakness. Good observation.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah it's definitely different. I mean it goes something like this

On the flop, they lead out a min bet of 20, I raise to 110, they call. The turn comes they lead out another 20 min bet, I raise to 270 they call, river comes they again lead out 20 min bet, I raise to 600 and they call with second pair.

Makes no sence. I don't understand what they are trying to accomplish by min betting each street. They would have a better chance of getting me off my hand by betting like a normal person lol.

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls especially you may find people that are completely new and don't understand bet sizing I guess.

For whatever reason they're doing it, it can be a good thing, just makes it a little harder to put them in a good range, I mean, they can't always have the second pair.

I find people going all in with basically any 2 cards in freerolls, I mainly just play tight in the begininng, the further you get into the tournament, the better the poker gets.

Good Luck!

tryciclo35

tryciclo35

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sometimes, what went up, is forced to make the progressive raise on the flop, why if he passes, or chek, is a sign of weakness or not having hidden letters, it is also dangerous to let see, without increasing

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yeah, most time they are weak, rarely someone is holding a monster and tries to attempt you to increase the pot by betting. Maybe they are hoping to improve their hand or try to block you, but I also think it is a strange betting behaviour. :-D
=^..^=

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good observation! This lead and this sizing makes me think of two different scenarios. First one is that the player is a total new player or he is a totally good player who balances by that move his range!

It is like limping UTG with a monster hand. A move also made by a fish or by a regular, I believe you agree with me.

At this particular thread you mentioned that you have observed that in the freerolls so I will go with my first scenario.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen people do it with the nuts so it raises the pot without getting a fold

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars