Play a hand with Bizzy

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand comes from a live tournament that I play often. I may start to post more of these in the future. I will be updating the main post with action as we make through each step of action.

The hand we are playing is just after the second break. There are 22 players left in the tournament out of about 80 players. I have 41,000 chips from a starting stack of 10,000 and blinds are not at 1,000/2,000 - 2,000 BB ante.

I am UTG+1 with AQo (Ah and Qc), the UTG player limped in.

What would you do?

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to answer this without more details about the opponent from the UTG position and we also do not have any information about the other players and their stacks.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to answer this without more details about the opponent from the UTG position and we also do not have any information about the other players and their stacks.

Good questions. Unfortunately since this is a live tournament I don't have exact counts of everyone. This information isn't readily available to us in this type of environment.

What I can tell you is what I remember...

The table overall is pretty decent. No one at the table seems to have gotten this deep by luck and most of the plays that I have seen make sense when seeing the cards that were exposed.

The UTG player is not the chip leader but may have me covered by 5 or 10 k in chips.

The blinds who are sitting in the 10 and 1 seat are definitely thinking players who have been careful about the hands that they get involved in.

The player to my immediate left in the 4 seat is not as much of a thinking player but has some very good instincts and overall experience in poker. I haven't really seen him play anything else outside of pocket pairs or broad way cards. He has a little less than 10k in chips.

Seat 5 is an middle aged/older Asian man. He gives me the impression that he understands the value of chips as blinds go up. He recently made a huge double up and has since been laying low so that he can preserve the chips that he has gained. 30 k in chips.

Seat 7 is a younger Asian male (late 20's to late 30's) who has been playing behind me since the first table that we started at (this is our second table). I have seen him frequently seen him show up with middle connectors, suited broad way cards, and mid to high pocket pairs. He isn't afraid to call down for a pot if he has a decent hand. He looks like he has ballpark of 50 k in chips

Seat 8 is another Asian male about the same age of seat 7, he has been short stacking for a while but has managed to get enough chips to be able to sit around and wait. He also moved from our first table. If I had to guess, I would say that he has about 15 - 20 k in chips

Seat 9 is an older Caucasian male. He has about 25 - 30k in chips. I have only seen him play two hands. One of them with me where I raised pre-flop and he called. The flop came rainbow and low and he went all in. I put him on a pocket pair, 8 - J. He later confirmed that he had pocket J.

Hope that helps!

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand comes from a live tournament that I play often. I may start to post more of these in the future. I will be updating the main post with action as we make through each step of action.

The hand we are playing is just after the second break. There are 22 players left in the tournament out of about 80 players. I have 41,000 chips from a starting stack of 10,000 and blinds are not at 1,000/2,000 - 2,000 BB ante.

What would you do?

It kind of depends on his stack size as well but I would feel comfortable making it 5500 in this spot. Then you can feel confident with almost a blocking bet but it sounds like the levels were getting pretty big so hopefully you can get rid of some of the people who want to see a flop for cheap.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What would you do?

I guess I am not able to edit my original post after someone responds. So instead I will be quoting and continuing from there...

As I mentioned before the UTG player limped in for 2,000. On my turn to act I look down at my cards and take a moment to decide what I will do. Out of all the players at the table my immediate thought is about the two players to my immediate left in the 4 and 5 seat. Seat 4 is starting to bleed chips and seat 5 has started to make a come back. I decide to bump it up to 6,000 chips.

Seat 4 and 5 fold. Seat 7 calls and then everyone else behind him folds as well. The small blind hesitated at first before folding but eventually finds the fold. So we are going heads up into a flop.

The flop comes 25x rainbow (I can't recall exactly what the last card was). I am first to act and heads up against seat 7.

What do you do next?

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information bit. With AQ I think you can make 3b. Very good topic. Let's take a little more information.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am not able to edit my original post after someone responds. So instead I will be quoting and continuing from there...

As I mentioned before the UTG player limped in for 2,000. On my turn to act I look down at my cards and take a moment to decide what I will do. Out of all the players at the table my immediate thought is about the two players to my immediate left in the 4 and 5 seat. Seat 4 is starting to bleed chips and seat 5 has started to make a come back. I decide to bump it up to 6,000 chips.

Seat 4 and 5 fold. Seat 7 calls and then everyone else behind him folds as well. The small blind hesitated at first before folding but eventually finds the fold. So we are going heads up into a flop.

The flop comes 25x rainbow (I can't recall exactly what the last card was). I am first to act and heads up against seat 7.

What do you do next?

I think about it for a moment and wonder what my opponent could have. I don't think he has a pocket pair and I think its very likely that he missed the flop. I decide to shove all in and get snap called by villain. Villain turns over pocket 5. The turn and the river are complete bricks.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands